Jerry Fife Special Guest SDTTS March 6th

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, I didn't know you live in San Diego? I'm happy to know that I can meet some people from the forum there. Unfortunately I miss the meeting.

No, Will and I are tortoise partners, but he lives in San Diego and I live in Clovis (Central California).

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I don't intend to suggest other speakers at SDTTS meetings are not so good, but man-o-man Jerry Fife was spectacular! At one time there was banter about video taping presentations and putting them on the society webpage. But that actually takes much work. Like all societies like this it's all volunteer, so maybe the person who was going to do it no longer can? I don't know. Sorry I missed the other TFO folks, as other TFO folks, but I usually find any room full of people who like chelonians a good time, even if I don't know them personally.

I've tried meeting folks at trade shows, etc.. the only person who ever followed through was @Tom, and that was great to meet him. Maybe next time we can meet a bit earlier and just outside the meeting room or something. I usually look for turtles in the reflection pond in front of the giant lath house before meetings. I always wear some themed turtle shirt, maybe not with an image, but some turtley shirt.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Wow. Would have loved to have attended that. Bummer.
Did anyone happen to videotape this? Will it be on YouTube perhaps?
Maybe that could be your role in all this. I think I recall someone saying you were in some sort of moving image production, Yeah? Once a month tape and upload. If it's that simple for someone else, it should be even simpler for you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
@Will Were you the one that said " you would buy an even dozen?" If so, we were the family with two kids sorta in front of you more on the left side.
I will attend more meetings. This was my first and knew I had to see Fife! Have a good day!

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Yeah, I was the outlier and asked about what it would take to buy one. SDTTS members chronically believe in tortoise angels (people who give other people tortoises for free, just because the recipient is a TT club member, and THEY, don't buy animals). Like all that hard work and expertise should not be compensated for. Frankly I think $5,000 for a juvenile Galapagos is cheap, especially when you consider the costs of lifetime ownership. I look forward to meeting your family one of the next times.