Not open for further replies.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: JEFF (N2TORTS) take a look

immayo said:
TommyZ said:
immayo said:
Looks like I started a debate...
Either way maybe I should start buying more hypos from Jeff and sell them online for top dollar to people who don't know any better. :p

I agree, let's do it together, we could be become awesome resellers, 1 billion percent markup, lol.... Except jeffs torts are so awesome I would wind up wanting to keep them all and instead of making a profit we would go broke, lmao

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

True that... oh well back to the drawing board. Guess I'll just have to wait 100years for mine to start reproducing.

Yeah Mayo, only the better part of a decade, its not THAT long, lmao. Well yours are surely worth the wait, and its awesome to get to see them grow up.

Back to the OP, i still am blown away at the 9k price tag. I'm really wondering how they sat down and came up with that number, is it possible that it's a typo and its really meant to say $895?, lol

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Lmao You should totally email them and ask that. :rolleyes:

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
TommyZ said:
immayo said:
TommyZ said:
immayo said:
Looks like I started a debate...
Either way maybe I should start buying more hypos from Jeff and sell them online for top dollar to people who don't know any better. :p

I agree, let's do it together, we could be become awesome resellers, 1 billion percent markup, lol.... Except jeffs torts are so awesome I would wind up wanting to keep them all and instead of making a profit we would go broke, lmao

True that... oh well back to the drawing board. Guess I'll just have to wait 100years for mine to start reproducing.

Yeah Mayo, only the better part of a decade, its not THAT long, lmao. Well yours are surely worth the wait, and its awesome to get to see them grow up.

Back to the OP, i still am blown away at the 9k price tag. I'm really wondering how they sat down and came up with that number, is it possible that it's a typo and its really meant to say $895?, lol

Im sure its not a typo

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: JEFF (N2TORTS) take a look

immayo said:
Lmao You should totally email them and ask that. :rolleyes:

Dont threaten me with a good time!.... Sending email now, ill forward reply.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
EricIvins said:
That leucistic word has been thrown around many Chelonian morphs, and so far only a select few are even close. Do we call caramel pink Red Ears leucistic? Nope. Either way, that word will always be around the Chelonian world under false pretense, like it or not...

Yes, but past or present incorrect usage doers not justify additional incorrect usage.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Not 100% sure. Northerns from most of what I have seen. A smaller number of "cherryhead" animals.

I do not know if at some point in the past there was a crossing or if the emergence in the two main types it occurs in was due to an independent mutation event in each population, but I also do not worry about it and just figure we have what we have.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Boah, your right on the money with these guys being the Northern variety …..although
Here are some Cherries......which others (cracks me up) seem hard to accept. Side by side they look completely different than it's northern cousins. Carapace , Head and body shape are drastically different...as well as "larger inner leg scale" . Aside from the fact the source from which these were acquired is pretty darn reliable. Although all are a bit young for breeding at this time , the male is unrelated to any hypo in the USA. With all the hypos' they are much more breath taking in person then what the camera captures...............

yea buddy........................

and the "local purity" gets so blown out of proportion with silly guestimates and comments within the Redfoot species. I agree with you , I work with what’s available....and with 15 hypos this year and 40 cherry heads - I must be doing something right~;)

dwright27

5 Year Member
Ahh, if I didn't love Canada so much I would totally want to move to a place with year-round warmth so I could have a little tortoise farm (okay well.. it would be a hobby farm with a buttload of other animals too). That "yeah buddy" picture has made my morning, lol!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Well alrighty Dw .... glad the day is off to Great start!
Happy Tort~N Friday!
:D

PS: ....It's Mr. Baoh......I told ya I couldn't spell!

too easy to spell .........Boa ..........hisssssssssss:p

Z man .... did ya ever get a reply?

EricIvins

5 Year Member
The first Hypos hatched in captivity came from a group of Cherryheads. There was also an extreme Hypo animal Exported out of Brazil in the early 90's that miraculously disappeared when USFW inspected the shipment. This animal was different, and it would have blown away any Hypos we have in captivity now.

There are Hypos and Albinos that come out of Colombia and Venezuela every year from the farms. Usually a few pop up in Guyana every year. A pair of adult Albinos were offered and sold just a short time ago.

So we have Northern Hypos and Cherryhead crosses. I don't think anyone has tracked down the original Cherryhead Hypos or the animals that produced them. If I remember correctly, this particular group of Cherryheads were brought out of Paraguay. To furthur expound on that, I also believe there were Hypos hatched out of Brazilian animals around the same time frame. Either way, they've been around since the early 90's....

I do know at one point the groups that produced these Hypos were broken up and may or may not have been housed with Northerns or other different Redfoots, which furthur compounds the issue of what they really are. I'm working on a project that may be able to get some of these different local Cherryheads and some respective morphs from a farm down there. The only problem is currency and exchange rates down in Brazil...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Excellent info Eric .... and I know your very very well versed in your herps!
Thanks for the post! ,,,,,and keep me in mind~

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
EricIvins said:
The first Hypos hatched in captivity came from a group of Cherryheads. There was also an extreme Hypo animal Exported out of Brazil in the early 90's that miraculously disappeared when USFW inspected the shipment. This animal was different, and it would have blown away any Hypos we have in captivity now.

There are Hypos and Albinos that come out of Colombia and Venezuela every year from the farms. Usually a few pop up in Guyana every year. A pair of adult Albinos were offered and sold just a short time ago.

So we have Northern Hypos and Cherryhead crosses. I don't think anyone has tracked down the original Cherryhead Hypos or the animals that produced them. If I remember correctly, this particular group of Cherryheads were brought out of Paraguay. To furthur expound on that, I also believe there were Hypos hatched out of Brazilian animals around the same time frame. Either way, they've been around since the early 90's....

I do know at one point the groups that produced these Hypos were broken up and may or may not have been housed with Northerns or other different Redfoots, which furthur compounds the issue of what they really are. I'm working on a project that may be able to get some of these different local Cherryheads and some respective morphs from a farm down there. The only problem is currency and exchange rates down in Brazil...

Awesome information, Eric. I highly appreciate you sharing it.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Alberta Canada Eh
Wow Thats some great info Eric :) I heard about the albinos out of a farm in brazil and thought they had been sent to Europe? I had also seen Hypo cherryheads advertised and was wondering about the northern/cherry head difference with what has been shown on here.
You guys sure are lucky down there to be able to just order them up :)

Sloane's Redfoots

5 Year Member
These are not the pics a kid is posting to show off his beloved pet. We are discussing the validity of outlandish pricing. I can't be the only one who finds hypo's unattractive. I stand by what I said.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
All I'm saying is that's a little rude. I don't like certain tort varieties as much as others either but I don't go into threads saying they are damn ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.