IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Today...I was much better prepared than yesterday. I'll post every other day or so...until they come out of their brooder.

All did well...my only concern is that It 3 appears to have lanced its yolk sac...a nice clean slice. There's a thin inch long stream of material on a grape leaf...so I'll monitor this one a little closer. No green on their faces...so maybe they're still sustained by the youl sac...even though It 1's is just a flat button now...and It 2's is like a half deflated balloon. I did now measure them...but they are all larger than a quarte but not quite the size of a silver dollar. It 1 and It 3 each weigh 31 grams at this point and It 2 is a walloping 35 grams...and you can see the difference...even the activity level and alertness.

OK! OK! On to the photos from today's soak and feeding.

Left to Right: IT1 IT2 IT3
DSC_0097.JPG
IT1
DSC_0098.JPG
IT2
DSC_0099.JPG
It3
DSC_0106 (2).JPG

IT2...already alert
DSC_0107.JPG
IT1
DSC_0114 (2).JPG
IT2...ready to take charge
DSC_0113 (2).JPG
IT3...hmmm!
DSC_0110 (2).JPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They just go on about their business. They have no idea how special they are.

I'm loving these pics.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Funny you say that about the pics Tom! They are in no way staged. And I had them out of the brooder less than 20 minutes to clean, soak and feed...then put them back. I spent 2 minutes taking pictures while they soaked...and another minute while they fed...before I sealed 'em up! The temps have been as low as 87 and as high as 91. Now that's within the sweater box...I don't know that the shoebox is taking in as much heat...humidity's not a problem...but the shoebox is fairly thick (also Sterilite)...thinking about boosting the temp 5F or so! Thoughts?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Same routine today...soak, clean box, weigh, feed,secure! It 1 weighs 32 grams...It 2 weighs 38 grams...and It 3 is 33 grams. It3's yolk sac is healing nicely...closed and practically no redness!

Today's shots...

It 1
DSC_0117.JPG
It 2
DSC_0116.JPG
It 3
DSC_0115.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are beautiful. This may be a stupid question, but is there any worry of them being in the sun too long and burning?
I have to be carful with my white Bull Terrier being in the sun because of her light skin or she will burn.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Thanks Barb! They are literally out for less than 5 minutes...I've had reservations, but I do it early...before the heat kicks in. As we're expecting a heatwave for the next week or two...I'm likely to go through this routine in the shade ;)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It looks like you left the egg shells in there. Have they eaten any of the shells?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Hard to say...they don't seem to be eating the greens...but I have found fragments of egg shell...and in some instances the shell and perivite are separated...don't know if they're pulling it apart...or the humidity is taking its toll!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
SWWEEET!
Super Nice & Congrad's Dean~O.........ya know I like them odd one's..;)

jonckt

5 Year Member
The Land Below The Wind
Before I get my sulcata, I had done so much research but sadly I can't find an ivory back in my Plc in Malaysia . Do they only had it in the state? How much this baby gonna cost in the states?

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Todays weights are...
IT-1: 33 grams
IT-2: 38 grams
IT-3: 35 grams

IT-1 is spending a lot of time on his back! My initial thoughts were too much incidental light coming in...so I moved them to the garage...everything was fine...until 6PM yesterday...he turned him right side up 7 times between 6PM and 9PM. Thoughts? Yolk sac almost completely absorbed

IT-2 continues to thrive...easily the leader here...no weight gain overnight...but not an issue! Very little (if any sac left...mostly a plug at this point.

IT-3...yolk sac healed nicely...no redness...no sign of infection...at all! In fact, the sac is mostly absorbed with a trace 'button' still protruding...but barely!

Marc

Midwest
I am in sweet IT love! The most awesome thing I have seen all year!

Status
Not open for further replies.