IVORY SULCATA THREAD: Aladar's Babies! (ULTRA PHOTO HEAVY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I just got home with some new arrivals; three brand new Ivory phase sulcatas! So new, in fact, that one is still in its shell (mostly). They came from Bill Corwin...a helluva nice guy and knows his business! All of his ivory/het stock is from Fife breedings. He has Aladar's brother from the previous year! He also has a large het female that goes about 85 pounds. I'll go into more detail on the neonates' growth as time goes on...but for now, I'm gonna let you all focus on the 'awwwwwww' factor!

Bill's website...he's located in Moorpark, CA

http://www.reptileodyssey.com

Photos...
DSC_0105.JPG DSC_0106.JPG DSC_0110.JPG DSC_0118.JPG

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Those are fantastic!!!

Elohi(Earth)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, they look so scared. I'm glad that you plan on an update thread because I love watching these guys grow. Do you know if he incubated on purpose to get male/female.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Do you know if he incubated on purpose to get male/female.

He had originally set the incubator for 87F...as it turns out...the calibration was off ...so they were incubated at 89F...so we'll see!
Funny thing! He's had quite a few females out of each clutch the past few years. This is Aladar's first...who knows!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I wish one I had one of those!!

Elohi(Earth)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! WOW! WOW !

So cute.....

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man they are beautiful! You should be proud you gave a tortoise god like Tom tortoise envy!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Oh my, they're absolutely gorgeous!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
One of the other forum members...I apologize for not remembering who...has named their torts Thing 1 and Thing @...after the Dr Seuss characters. This afternoon, I came up with the names It 1, It 2 and It 3...no...it has nothing to do with Pennywise the Clown or Stephen King.

It (or IT is simply an acronym for Ivory Tortoise)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
IT 3 freed itself from its egg today...so all are scampering around for seconds at a time...mostly they sleep! :) No photos today. Hopefully, I'll remember when I change out their 'burrow' tomorrow! Tom and I have discussed this at great length. They are going to be raised as natural as possible. That means, at least for awhile, they'll be out of their chamber just long enough for a quick soak while I clean and change out their substrate. I strategically place various food items throughout the shoebox...then seal 'em and see 'em the next morning! Of course, I peek in regularly to make sure everyone's right side up! I can see through the plastic and humidity well enough to determine that!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thing 1 and Thing 2 are desert tortoise babies belonging to Murray (68 Merc).

littleginsu

10 Year Member!
Sierra Vista, AZ
Soooooooooooooooo stinking cute!! I have already decided I will be getting an Ivory Sulcata within the next year, luckily, Mr. Richard Fife lives 5 miles from me, so no nervous breakdowns waiting for FedEx deliveries, yay!

Your Aladar is simply one of the most beautiful tortoises I have ever seen (photos of), he truly looks like a dragon... His babies will be as stunning as him, I am sure! Congrats on your new additions!

Status
Not open for further replies.