Ive introduced myself, now id like to introduce my torts! they are finally here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittlefootNCera

5 Year Member
so it took me over a month from the time i decided to adopt them to feel ready to bring them home! i read everything i could get my hands on, including back posts here. im thankful to have found this group i have learned so much already. i think i have the two most beautiful california desert tortoises around ;) i am completely smitten! my big guy "littlefoot" is thought to be male and around 30years old"(not sure were that estimate came from). he has a rather large hole in his shell over his back left leg(i will include a pic) my friend works for animal control and picked him up just over a year ago(i am not familar with the circumstances) the younger one is about a year old and she has raised this one since it was a hatchling and she picked it up after a crow dropped it(she lives on a farm far out into the desert) i am calling "her" Cera. Other than noticing a few small bubbles when soaking Littlefoot they both "seem" healthy and have very smooth shells. Enjoy all the pictures!!!!

gotchaday1.jpggotchaday6.jpg

Attachments

• gotchaday2.jpg
    gotchaday2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 61
  • gotchaday3.jpg
    gotchaday3.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 61
  • gotchaday4.jpg
    gotchaday4.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 51
  • gotchaday5.jpg
    gotchaday5.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 52
  • gotchaday7.jpg
    gotchaday7.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hi....What a magnificent face on your Littlefoot, however, from what I see you have a she and not a he....:D The gular on your tortoise is very small and blunt (unless it has previously had break off damage that is) and not extended as a male of that size would "usually" be....IMHO

The hole above the back leg appears a bit of a tall tale sign of a barbaric tether hole...folks use to do this alot (hell, some still do).

Your Littlefoot is absolutely BEAUTIFUL....love her eyes, my favorite trait of this species....beautiful....:D

Your little one is also a looker....thank you for sharing those pics, it brought a smile to my face...love their eyes...

LittlefootNCera

5 Year Member
awww thankyou! i agree with you, after seeing pictures here on this site i thought she did look alot more like a she than a he. Littlefoot is also very round and doesnt seem to have those glands on the sides of the neck...and while there IS only a slight concave, it is a concave none the less. i will take better pics, with my actual camera later. I am extremely impressed with Littlefoots beautiful green eyes, and beautiful(albeit defaced) smooth round shell.
Cera was very active and adorable, she was in and out of her water bowl and drinking lots of water. she didnt eat much but she did eat some(even from my hand, you know that made me happy! lol) I happen to think she has the cutest little baby tort behind ever! i loved watching her clobber over her basking rock pile ;-)

LittlefootNCera

5 Year Member
ascott said:
slight concave? hmmmm? I still say she is a she....:D

i have a picture, its just not the best...my 8 yr old took it and no idea what i wanted captured. brb

gotchaday8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LittlefootNCera

5 Year Member
ascott said:
I have never seen a tortoise wearing jeans before???? lol

I am sticking with female.... :D:D

LOL, well SHE is a fashionable tort, what can i say? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.