I'd like to introduce myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

jham86

5 Year Member
Hey, my name is Josh. I am 26 and live in northern California. I am new to this forum. I always end up at this website while searching the internet so I decided to join. This will be my first forum. So I am a forum newbie, but I have had turtles and tortoises and lots of other animals my whole life.

Ive must of had about 10-15 aquatic turtles growing up. A couple box turtles. I finally saved up and went all in to buy a Sulcata tortoise when I was in jr. high school. Only to have my 50 pound tortoise stolen out of my front courtyard 5 years later. My tortoise escapade came to a halt. It wasn't until recently, after my best friend (Meaty, staffordshire terrier) was brutally shot and killed my "law enforcement", that I have been getting drawn back into the tortoise world.

Since then I have adopted 2 Sulcata tortoises. Both male. The smaller tortoise, Achilles is about 15-20 pounds and probably 6 yrs old. Hes had some horrible care in his earlier life because his shell is badly ramped and pyramided. Other than that, he is as friendly and healthy as can be. The larger sulcata, Zeus, is about 70 lbs and around 10 years old. His shell is much more natural shaped. They are both being spoiled and living the good life under my supervision. I have built several hundred feet of fencing for their enclosure which is on about 2 acres with scattered shrubs, trees, and leaves. Lots of weeds and grass to graze. Built a fully insulated tortoise house for them with a large heat pad. Have much bigger plans for the future.

Anyways I am looking forward to getting to know all of you while discussing a common passion and sharing experiences.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
What a sad story all around, Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your visits here.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Your first forum and it just happens to be a tort forum. Me to I hate to hear about people getting torts stolen. Just a horrible thing

WELCOME

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D Sorry about your dog and tort. That is just terrible. Glad you found us. This is the place for all the correct info you may need. Congrats on the two rescue Sulcata's. Sounds like they are getting a very happy, loving home. When you have time, post some pics, we love pics.:)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm so, so sorry to hear about your dog. How horrible, you must have been heartbroken. Welcome...glad you decided to join us.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Welcome to TFO! Sorry about your tort being stolen:(

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
and your best friend being brutally shot recently. :(

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. It sounds like your torts have it made. Please post pix :)

Status
Not open for further replies.