It's official - spring has arrived in England (Pic and Text Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Great pictures Cheryl. Looks like he had a fun time. I love your yard too!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
It's still cold here and it seems like Spring will never come. I was happy to see your tort enjoying some sunshine....sigh...

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
itsmeshell said:
Hay
I live in the uk at what temp do you put your tort outside? I always get scared its to cold

Shell

I don't put Emrys out unless it's 17C (ground temp, measured with a thermometer, not general temperature which only reached 11C yesterday according to all weather reports), but as you can see Joe's 'mum' has a less strict limit of 12C and Joe does just fine. :)

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
cherylim said:
JoesMum said:
Down in the south of England we had spring start yesterday and Joe was out stomping and sniffing round the garden in several hours of sunshine. It was a beautiful day. We have our first crocuses in flower in the garden.

The weather was more over-cast down here today, but still warm.

As for the grass... that's standard English lawn grass. It looks lovely and lush at this time of year and then dreadful as it dries out in summer. My part of England is officially in drought now as we have had so little rain over the last 18 months and the lawn has taken a battering. There's still a lot of dead stuff. With the reservoirs only 40% full, and our water metered, we won't be allowed to water it.

I noticed on holiday in the US that your lawns seem to be made of a coarser grass with much wider blades.

I always think US grass looks nicer than ours. Was surprised at all the comments saying ours looks nice!

Yeah, I think yesterday was a much better day here as well, but I was stuck in the office all day.

Tyler - my usually very reliable weather app says we can expect good temperatures again on Sunday. Tomorrow won't be bad, but probably a bit too cold.

is quite chilly today!
I hope your app Is reliable! :)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Joe has only just gone out today. No sun until lunch time. The ambient temp is only applicable in my garden as I know that with a shade temp of 12C his sunbathing spots are MUCH hotter when the sun is out.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Emrys isn't getting out today. I think I've seen the sun once, for about ten seconds. Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.