It's been a while

muddoc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Louisiana
I haven't been very active here at all lately, due to numerous reasons (mostly building a 2,000 sq. ft. building for the snake business), but also just trying to keep up with all of the baby snakes. As a result, I haven't made near the progress on my pen that I would have liked to in the past three years. Below is a link to my original thread.

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-23049.html

I was actually on here looking for some great info (as can always be found) on my new group of Leopard torts, and went back to look at some stuff on my few threads. One thing that I thought was really neat was the growth of one specific plant. IN my original post (I reposted the pic below), you can see a freshly planted Silver Stripe clumping bamboo. It looked very scraggly, and was planted so that it would be very established when the Aldabras got to move into the bigger pen. Boy did it grow. You can see it in the background of the updated pics below as well.

Since I have last visited, I have built a new building that should last the Aldabras well into adulthood. It still needs paint, but I was in a hurry to get it up for the cold weather, and haven't painted yet. Also, I have not order the cinder blocks for the big pen yet, but that should happen in the next week or two. Then I have to get some dirt delivered for the hill that I want in the big pen, and I have to build the big pond. Hopefully all of that will start coming together in the next few months, as construction of the snake building is almost complete. Hopefully I won't stay as much a stranger in the future.

p.s. pics of the new Leopard torts are in the proper forum. Enjoy the pics, and please let me know if anyone has any questions about anything. Lastly, I read a post the other day of someone asking about ramps. The ramp for my house is not very big, but it was very slcik. So, I mixed 40:60 sand to paint, and painted it on the ramp to provide a rough surface for the torts to climb up. It works very well for everyone except Hobson (my Elongated). She is actually a friend's tort, but due to a major disability, he could care for her properly (she is special needs). About 3 years ago, my friend's Shiba Inu got to hobson and chewed off her front feet and her back left leg. So she is a bit disabled, but gets around great, as long as she can get traction. She is a 13 year old sweetheart and gets along with everyone.

tortpen4.jpg

2014pen1.jpg

2014pen2.jpg

2014pen3.jpg

2014pen4.jpg

2014pen5.jpg

2014pen6.jpg