It sucks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Finally took a nice long weekend and did something. Went to visit my sister's camp way up in the mountains about an hour from home. Forced relaxation as there is no phone service and no stores and nothing but a small beach with water and a very large fire.We are able to take our 2 big dogs there and have a very great person who I finally found that we trade 'watch my animals" . She runs a 'Teaching Creatures, program and has alot of experience taking care of them. We have traded a few times and both of us are so happy to have found someone. She only had to come by one time, Sun, as we left Sat and were back Mon. I fed everyone on sat AM.This is her website. http://www.teachingcreatures.com/default.htm
Came home on Monday and found my little Razorback sitting on a rock ,dead. Temps were not high and as it was, we had a couple of cooler days, so it was not that. Filter was still running,just cannot for the life of me figure out what could have happened.
He was dried out, and friday he was on the log which I usually don't see him there.But I had put him in the water and gave him a few shrimp. I didn't have my sitter feed him as I don't always feed him daily. I am sure there was nothing I would have done different except maybe notice him dead on Sat.
Just ruined a great weekend, thought I would share.
Na

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
*hugs* Sorry for the way your wonderful weekend ended up. :( Never sure which is worse the unexpected deaths or the ones that are slow, yet nothing you can do helps. Your right it does suck. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.