Is your RT getting more active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpeltola

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
Hi Guys!

Just wondering if anybody's RT's are starting to become more active? Mine is an indoor tort and since I've only had him for a year, I haven't hibernated him, and I'm not sure that I will to be honest.

I keep a webcam on my tort all day while I'm at work and I've been noticing that he's gone from sleeping most of the day, to running around, climbing all over his environment and trying his luck at climbing the walls of his table :) I'm wondering if his internal clock is telling him that spring is around the corner and it's time to start acting like It's summer time.

Just checking if others out there have this as well, or if I'm the only lucky one :) Thanks!!

- Bill

68merc

10 Year Member!
Fresno, CA
My indoor baby has been sleeping more in the last 2 weeks but my 6 adults came out yesterday!

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
My females have really perked up the past week, my male is still being snoozy.

wpeltola said:
Hi Guys!

Just wondering if anybody's RT's are starting to become more active? Mine is an indoor tort and since I've only had him for a year, I haven't hibernated him, and I'm not sure that I will to be honest.

I keep a webcam on my tort all day while I'm at work and I've been noticing that he's gone from sleeping most of the day, to running around, climbing all over his environment and trying his luck at climbing the walls of his table :) I'm wondering if his internal clock is telling him that spring is around the corner and it's time to start acting like It's summer time.

Just checking if others out there have this as well, or if I'm the only lucky one :) Thanks!!

- Bill

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
My male is still VERY snoozy. He will go 2-3 days sleeping and then I will wake him to soak and he will grab TINY bites to eat and go back to sleep. It worries me but I know it's part of this species' routine.

I too do not hibernate my russian. I've had him for about a year and a half now.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
All of mine are awake and frisky! We have been in the 70's off and on here in central Cali. So that is the perfect way to get them moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.