Is this shell saver useful

Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
Here is a thread from the last time a member started a new thread asking about shell saver containing a number of replies from various members and their opinions on the product.

I personally don't believe it's a necessary product to use because almond oil and other similar product would achieve the same results which is to keep hold of moisture in the shell. Now if you already have a humid enclosure there is really not much of a need for such a product.

Tortoise scutes are made of keratin, the very same substance found in human skin so it's most likely going to fine.

The other main reason why I wouldn't recommend it is because there's always going to somebody careless enough to accidentally a foreign solution of any kind into the tortoise's eye. You never know how the tortoise will react. The tortoise might accidentally try to claw their eyes out trying to get rid of the substance. For me, it's just easier to say you don't need really need to spend the extra money, time, and effort if the enclosure's temperature and humidity levels are correct.