Is this real/possible?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Yes it is, I've seen them at a reptile show. I've also seen some advertised off and on for a couple years and it's always an "Accidental Breeding"

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Its' really sad seeing a redfoot and a sulcata hybridized... I imagine they wouldn't live long and have all sorts of health problems. Would you be able to give it meat and lots of protein, or not? Would it need lots of humidity as an adult? Would it need a lot of direct sun, or a lot of indirect sun? These things could really impact the tortoise negatively, especially with two tortoises that differ so much. I can see it's already pyramiding, too. I really don't like it.

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
Yes it is, I've seen them at a reptile show. I've also seen some advertised off and on for a couple years and it's always an "Accidental Breeding"
Just seems crazy, their diets are completely different. Are they sickly?

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
Yes its possible and it should be discouraged.

And that baby looks horrible, dehydrated and pyramided. Its been kept and raised all wrong. So sad.
That’s crazy, I can’t wrap my head around why someone would do that. Especially with tortoises so different. There’s no way to know diet, basic care, etc..

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Just seems crazy, their diets are completely different. Are they sickly?
The ones I saw were really small. Almost Hatchlings.