Is this normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelica

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hiya guys

My little Tiffany seems to be settling in well and I've been working hard on making her enclosure comfortable for her, but theres just one thing...she only seems to eat the main bulk of her food when I hand feed her!!! I've only had her almost 2 weeks, is this normal??? I'm worried that she won't eat on her own. The other day I left her food in her dish, i came home from work and nothing had been eaten, so i hand fed her (the same food that was in her dish) and she almost took my hand off!!! Is this normal behaviour? am I forcing her to eat unwittingly? Tiffany is 18 months ond and is a spur thigh. I've recently (about 5 days ago) put cyprus bed in her enclosure which she loves but i have seen her nibble at it!! do you think this could be an issue???

All feedback greatfully recieved.
many thanks
Angela (a very worried new mommy to Tiffany)

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi Angela,
You might need to change the color of the food dish. I would also be firm and not feed her. Just put the food in and she'll eat when she's hungry. :D

Danny

Angelica

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
egyptiandan said:
Hi Angela,
You might need to change the color of the food dish. I would also be firm and not feed her. Just put the food in and she'll eat when she's hungry. :D

Danny

Good news!! Tiffany has been eating out of her dish!! phew!! i watched her over the weekend. I think i have been putting way too much food in her dish than what she actually needs (she is 6 cms) and i also watched her eating the leaves off the plants in her enclosure!! yippee!!! lol i was so worried but feel loads better now :) XX

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Congrats Angela. Sometimes us tort moms just have to do the tough love stuff. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.