Is this an egg?!

Delilah1623

My female russian laid.... this.... it does not look the shape of any tortoise eggs I have ever seen.

What on earth do I do with it?!? I'm freaking out! Lol20150521_071338.jpg20150521_072024.jpg

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Yep an egg. If you think she's ever been around a male it could be fertile. Female torts store sperm from mating for years. Input 'egg incubation' in search bar above. You should come across the humidity and temp requirements to hatch it.

Delilah1623

I took her in as a rescue a few months ago and she had been with a male for several years. He was harassing her so I separated them and adopted out the male so I think there is probably a very good chance it is fertile. I guess I will try to incubate it and see what happens. I wonder if I put it in my redfoot enclosure (protected) if that might work? The temp and humidity seem like they would be right on. Anyone ever tried this?

Delilah1623

I was wondering if there might be 2 yolks in there. I've seen it in chickens when the eggs are huge so it wouldn't not surprise me! I guess now it is just a waiting game to see if anything hatches.... I'm so impatient. This is going to be torture!

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Awesome :) I hope it(or they;) ) hatch-hatches for you!
Sometimes eggs overstep there 'waiting period' so don't give up if it's a little late :)