Is this a Redfoot or yellow foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

poh1984

5 Year Member
hi guys is this a Red Foot or Yellow foot?

Attachments

• 20130522_143158.jpg
    20130522_143158.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 162

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
yes sir-eeee that's a redfoot ..... Very nice symmetrical head pattern to boot! :)

poh1984

5 Year Member
EchoTheLeoTort said:

Thanks as i just brought her back home and it seems don't interact much with my other red foots. So i am a little worried is a difference species

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
poh1984 said:
Thanks as i just brought her back home and it seems don't interact much with my other red foots. So i am a little worried is a difference species

It takes most tortoises time to acclimate to their new home. Just give her some time, and of course, make sure she doesn't get bullied by the others, either.

poh1984

5 Year Member
GeoTerraTestudo said:
poh1984 said:

It takes most tortoises time to acclimate to their new home. Just give her some time, and of course, make sure she doesn't get bullied by the others, either.

She is always alone at the corner in the shelter. And also i notice she is not interested in the greens, only interested in tomatoes

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Broomfield, Colorado
poh1984 said:
She is always alone at the corner in the shelter. And also i notice she is not interested in the greens, only interested in tomatoes

Most torties and boxies love red fruits, but keep offering her greens, as well as commercial food, if you like.

How big is the enclosure, and how many redfoots in it? They should all be close to the same size, and there should be more females than males. If this new one is smaller than the others, then she should be separated from them to prevent bullying. Again, give her a few days or even weeks to get used to the new regime. With all those other resident redfoots around, it's kind of like being back in middle school! :O

poh1984

5 Year Member
Thanks for advice!

The enclose is about 2 .5 meter X 2.5 meter

Total there are 4 red footer inside.
1 male 2 females (all about the same size) and 1 more unsex about 4 years old. i had been keeping it for 3 years

Michael in MO

5 Year Member
wow her shell has a lot of scratches on it, I wonder if she's wild caught? If so there would be a HUGE reason she's not interacting

poh1984

5 Year Member
Michael in MO said:
wow her shell has a lot of scratches on it, I wonder if she's wild caught? If so there would be a HUGE reason she's not interacting

i just purchase it 1 month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.