Is seeing a turtle stuck and struggling to get loose a cute picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
CT
Yvonne has dedicated her life to turtle and tortoise rescue and rehabilitation. Since it is her daily reality to take care of various turtles and tortoises it is understandable that strange and silly things will sometimes happen. I am sure that she assessed that the turtle was not in danger and I am also sure that she used her expertise to carefully release that turtle to a safe place. She has been a member of this forum since just after it's inception and has posted everyday in order to help countless other keepers. This whole thread saddens me and I feel it is unnecessarily confrontational.

B

byerssusan

emysemys said:
Just to clarify...water turtles usually don't come out of the water at night. When I closed that door the evening before there was no turtle in the lattice. So he had only been there from sun-up (or as long as it took him to warm up after a cold night) 'til about 8am when I opened the door.
You know I am really sorry this has gotten to be somewhat of a "I don't know what to call it". But I was and am really concerned. I know you are an experienced care taker of tortoises and turtles. I am here to learn. I just added my opinion. I was not meaning to attack you. See if everyone would shut up I at least would learn like you just said. Water Turtles usually don't come out at night. I did not know that. I am here to learn. I try to speak with respect..and if you feel I was not respectful in my posts then I apologise. I just know now that I cannot truly say what I feel here from now on

F

freddy10

Tortoise said:
Emysemys

I feel so bad that you have been treated so disrespectfully, its very disappointing and that kind of inexcusable attitude and rudeness turns me off- whatever their intentions.
Thanks for taking it all so well-It really shows your integrity!!

Always will appreciate your contributions and honesty on this forum!!:)

Yeah you should feel really bad two! Is it okay to leave a turtle hanging on a plastic lattice just so you can go in to your house grab a camera and come out to take a pic and say it's cute? No matter how long it was on the plastic lattice as soon she seen it there she should have gotten it done And make sure it does not happen again, it does not having to do Emysemys it could be any one on here some one would had said something to me if I did what she did Am I Right? You would not be mad or concern? If not then it just shows you don't care about the safety of animals.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Ah.. the internets.. if I was not mistaken turtles can hold their breaths for a long period of time, so the simple running inside and grabbing the camera I don't see it being a big deal. With that being said, stuff happens, we do our best to care for the animals and sometimes things get out of hand that's what makes them animals... so we learn from our mistakes and correct them. No need to get on someones case and belittle them over something that DID NOT happen. "What if" ok there are a lot of What if, might as well lock them up in a steel bubble ball and hope for the best oh wait what if that's bad too? Where do you draw the line that gives you the right to act the way we do here... just saying no harm was done so why even make such a big deal about it, just correct it and move on.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Well, modergksjg nfgsnrjg fjnd gfk ffd ngfjdn. And gfndj j54r8 nggjjk krngj grntg6. So jgg enrbpqldutn, cndhyb gfn. All that being said, this forum continues.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ALDABRAMAN said:
Well, modergksjg nfgsnrjg fjnd gfk ffd ngfjdn. And gfndj j54r8 nggjjk krngj grntg6. So jgg enrbpqldutn, cndhyb gfn. All that being said, this forum continues.
Do you kiss you wife with that mouth? :)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
dmmj said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
Do you kiss you wife with that mouth? :)

:D If I was married, lol.

:tort: The only logical thing I can say is freddy10 does not know emysemys! She is very dedicated to her animals and TFO.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
ALDABRAMAN said:

Sounds like you're suffocating.... better take off that plastic mask!

F

freddy10

Lulu said:
Smells like troll in here.

Know know there child there's no need to name called remember we need to keep it civil it is only a debate subject now now child be a good child!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
definition trolling - trolling

Trolling is the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards. When done in a moderated internet community, this can result in banning.

F

freddy10

Mao Senpai said:
ALDABRAMAN said:

Sounds like you're suffocating.... better take off that plastic mask!

See only a two year old types like that they don't know how to type let me teach you, your word or language is not understand please type where we can understand but first you need to go to school!! And how long van they hold there breath for hours? How long can you hold your breath not long enough uh Because your still on this topic lol

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
freddy10 It appears you have had a bad start here. Why do you not PM a moderator that is not at odds with you and beg them to erase the last 25 post you made and start over tomorrow, Sir.

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member
ascott said:
OMGOOOOSSSSSHHHHHH!! Seriously you started another thread on this obviously personal attack in Yvonne.....freddy 10 and byerssusan whatever your problem is with Yvonne give it a rest...the two of you have now completely come in tied for the biggest idiot award here on this forum....oh, IMHO that is....WOW...."WINNERS".... peace out

I love it! Water turtles are not in water 24/7. Yvonne has been doing this A LOT longer than you have, assuming you don't take in water turtles. I have yet to understand why you are making a big deal out of nothing.
That turtle was there 12 hrs MAX!! (most likely 2 or 3) Have you gone 12 hrs with out eating? With out a blanket?
Yvonne also fix what she thought could have been the only was to escape. Give it a rest!!!

And don't tell people "their 2 cents aren't wanted" just because they don't agree with you. You asked for everyone's thoughts when you started this ludacris.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I may be breaking rules here, but I would ask that no more comments be posted here until certain issues are resolved.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
After reading this thread, I am now an official member of the "pee my pants" group.

Status
Not open for further replies.