is my tortoise helthy

orv

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aguanga, CA
Being the grandfather of a 14 year old, I've learned to be tolerant of a teens hormonal outbursts. I don't recall, but perhaps I too was once a 14 year old. Let's try to practice "Everybody Loves Raymond ". Raymond: learn and grow with this community, even crotchety old grandparents have some learned experience to pass on. Welcome . , . come participate.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm guessing this is in reference to a certain 14 year old that post the other day a thread with the exact same title as your thread.
I just want to say, he was the only one that stepped over the line with his nasty language.
If your asking for help and opinions, your going to get the truth from most members here.
That said, he did calm down, he did apologize and he is welcomed here just like anyone else.
However, because he was warned and did not adhere to that warning until he attacked a couple more times, he is on notice and no more out burst will be tolerated. The language he used is not allowed on this forum and any more use of such language or name calling will get him banned.

Reactions: orv

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi @orv :

You weren't privvy to the posts Raymond made because they were deleted before too many people saw them. We don't allow that kind of language on the Forum. We are being "tolerant" of his hormonal outbursts, that's why he's still a member. If anyone else had talked like he did they would have been booted right away.

orv

5 Year Member
Aguanga, CA
Btw, are you his grandfather or just a member that is a grandfather?
Oh my no, I am certainly not the grandfather of Raymond. I am merely a grandfather of a couple of well-behaved teen boys who remembers his own teen years in the early '60s. Joining the military in 1965 straightened out any inappropriate attitudes I may have displayed during those years.