Week 2 spring mix
Kale

Week 3
Spring mix
Romain

Week 4
spring mix
lolla rosa

Is the food I'm giving him correct or is ther something I should change in his diet
I'm trying to make him gain wight as he is a bit under weight
Any advis thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You could add some turnip greens, escarole, kale, endive, dandelion and mustard to the mix.

micaelalovesmolly

5 Year Member
I can't find endive or turnip greens ther is escarole in the spring mix and I have kale

Or do u think I should just give him

Spring mix
Kale
Rocket
Lolla rosa
Romain
Every day or should I just give it to him in the list I have made whats best
And

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
You're in Ireland I think?

It's probably as hard to get stuff like turnip greens over there as it is here. Endive you might be able to get in the summer months. Escarole is a type of endive, I think.

The best thing to do is to look to see what you can buy in the way of leafy greens at your local supermarket or market and look them up on The Tortoise table Plant Database

You will then find out what's good and what's not good... and what can be an occasional treat. Many posters on here are in the USA and their grocery stores have different stock to mine... mine is probably closer to, but not the same as yours :)

Don't worry about feeding a mixture altogether. Buy a small pack of rocket and when it runs out, buy a small pack of Romaine and so on. Diet needs a variety over weeks, not all on the same day. In the wild, a tortoise would eat whatever's in season, so would probably pig out on one kind of plant for a week before moving on to whatever is growing next.

Status
Not open for further replies.