Hi
Every day I feed my greek tortoise
•1leaf of romain • Kale • rocket • baby leaf
•lolla
Is this okay for him to eat daily
Any advice thanks :)

BowandWalter

5 Year Member
Usually mixing it up is a lot better for them, if every week you do a different combination of greens it will benefit your tort health wise.
I'll give a bit of an example:
Week One:
Dandelions, rachiado, endive, mustard greens, and kale.

Week Two:
Bock choy, watercress, optunia, pumpkin, and rachiado (mostly because I had left overs)

I always try to buy Walter different things ever time I go to the market. It's really hard for me to not just buy the same things, but I always write what I bought last time and try to avoid it. I'm sure other more knowledgable forum members will chime in :)

testtudude

5 Year Member
Asparagus and artichoke are things found in the store to add variety. Mine love the asparagus, but like all foods besides nutritious greens, I only feed it sparingly.

micaelalovesmolly

5 Year Member
I didn't know they could eat asparagus I will try that don't know if he'll like it Lenny is very picky on what he eats

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Besides BowandWalters list I also feed my sullies --all the squashes, bell peppers, spring mix, Timothy hay mixed with Hibiscus flowers from Petco, and their favorite Cactus pears and pads. Also mine get Mazuri 3/4times a week. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.