Is it a parasite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman

5 Year Member
So today when she pooped her poo is attached to a long really thin white thing (looks like a string or a hair) and its still attached to her anus so when i tryed to pull it gently it just kept coming its like 7-8 cm long,its really strong dosnt break off at all i had cut it off because i fear that am hurting her.

That string thing isnt in every poo i noticed it 3 times since i got her 5 weeks ago.It dosnt move,dont think its a hair since i dont have any other pets in my apt.

So if its a parasite is there a natural way to get rid of it and can humans be infected?

I know that most worm type parasites lay eggs then they break off easly (this thing is really strong) in the feces and they spread,my tort roams all over my room so you can see why am afraid.

So what can it be?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Parasites are usually not that big, and they should be moving when you find them. I would imagine it is something she ate previously and is just now working it's way out of her system. Of course a fecal test done by a vet could not hurt.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
sounds like nylon or even a human hair (they can be tougher than you think) I'm betting that is all it is... I've had this issue with cats and dogs alike! Both I and my wife have long hair.... it's amazing where that stuff ends up!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
a fecal test is in order...
and she should not be wandering around your room.. she may eat something off the floor and its cold..
and yes.. some parasites can transfer to humans..
can you take a picture of what you are seeing?
roundworm? tapeworm?

Spoonman

5 Year Member
Ye its nothing like the pics,as for the test i would have to do it on my own with a microscope at the universety.

Vets here.....lets just say dont treat small animals they see them as toys when they stop working you throw them away.We dont have reptile specialization at the universety.Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.