Is anybody using this right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
According to the product description it only monitors to 108 degrees max, CHE's get much hotter. A lamp dimmer will work, but you have to monitor the temps and adjust accordingly to what you want.Home Depot and Lowes have them for about $10. Len

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
I think they are only able to be used with heat mats. i thought about using it until i researched and noticed they would not work with che

HtVic

5 Year Member
Turtulas said:
According to the product description it only monitors to 108 degrees max, CHE's get much hotter. A lamp dimmer will work, but you have to monitor the temps and adjust accordingly to what you want.Home Depot and Lowes have them for about $10. Len

well, thanks, I was confused what to use with Wire Clamp Lamp on emitter, since it doesn't have dimmer, now I can go to home depot get one of those plug in dimmer.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
A dimmer is nice because it does not turn the bulb on and off, just hotter and cooler. But you have to adjust it to monitor and get the temperature right. Sounds like these are very reasonable at hardware stores.
This rheostat works like a dimmer (up to 150w bulb, though):
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...tats-and-timers/-/zoo-med-rheostat-150-watts/

If you choose to use a thermostat, this one would work. Also available on Amazon and other sites.
http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog...-timers/-/zoo-med-500r-thermostat-with-probe/

HtVic

5 Year Member
thanks guys
I think I am going to use dimmer, the one you show me, is very expensive, and I can't find that bah1000 in canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.