introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.speed

5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

mr speed 1.jpg
Hi everyone! My name is Zahra and my tortoise is called Mr. Speed and we live in London. Speedy was given to me by someone who brought him from morocco last June and they didn't know what breed he was so i'm not entirely sure but i think he/she is a Sulcata, i was hoping someone over here could help me (an assistant at a pet shop also thought it was a Sulcata when i showed him a picture but apparently their judgment alone is not to be trusted) ..i'm also worried about some markings that have appeared on his shell recently, but i reckon this isn't the right thread to discuss that, i hope its nothing serious though =(

Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV

mr.speed said:
Hi everyone! My name is Zahra and my tortoise is called Mr. Speed and we live in London. Speedy was given to me by someone who brought him from morocco last June and they didn't know what breed he was so i'm not entirely sure but i think he/she is a Sulcata, i was hoping someone over here could help me (an assistant at a pet shop also thought it was a Sulcata when i showed him a picture but apparently their judgment alone is not to be trusted) ..i'm also worried about some markings that have appeared on his shell recently, but i reckon this isn't the right thread to discuss that, i hope its nothing serious though =(

Hello Zahra, welcome to the forum. If you post some photos of you tortoise, someone in the forum would be able to give you a for sure answer on what type of tortoise you have.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Zahra:

Welcome to the forum!!

clevency

5 Year Member

Hello everyone, my names Eleanor and I'm based in Norwich, Norfolk, Uk! I have kept most types of meds over the years, as well as kept and bred burmese brown manouria emys emys. Big follower of national and worldwide conservation work and an active member of the local chelonia group that aims to educate, support and generally improve the welfare of torts in captivity. If your ever in Uk, please feel free to get in touch, always happy to help people find tortoise related visits. If your interested you can check out my group at www.tortoiseclub.org. warm regards Eleanor.

John

5 Year Member

welcome everyone!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

clevency said:
Hello everyone, my names Eleanor and I'm based in Norwich, Norfolk, Uk! I have kept most types of meds over the years, as well as kept and bred burmese brown manouria emys emys.

Hi Eleanor:

Welcome to the forum!!

I'd be interested in hearing more about your breeding experience.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida

Hi All, I have 1.2 Texas Ornate Box turtles, 1.1 Three Toed Box Turtles, 3.0 juvinile Texas River Cooters, 1.1 juvenile Florida Softshells, 1 baby Stinkpot (musk turtle), and work with snapping turtles, softshells, cooters, malaysian box turtles, & giant aldabs daily!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

zesty_17 said:
Hi All, I have 1.2 Texas Ornate Box turtles, 1.1 Three Toed Box Turtles, 3.0 juvinile Texas River Cooters, 1.1 juvenile Florida Softshells, 1 baby Stinkpot (musk turtle), and work with snapping turtles, softshells, cooters, malaysian box turtles, & giant aldabs daily!

Hi Zesty_17:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

You must work in a zoo, huh?

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

zesty_17 said:

Welcome :D

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida

emysemys said:
zesty_17 said:

Hi Zesty_17:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

You must work in a zoo, huh?

Thanks! I am Krissy, originally from East Texas, but now live & work in Tampa Florida. I moved here on student exchange & decided to stay when I landed a job working with the giant torts in Tampa!

Guggie

10 Year Member!
Vernon Hills, IL

Hey! My name's Ryan, my wife and I live near Chicago. We've had our 2 baby Greeks for about a month. We call them Cujo (foreground) and Tweek (background). Sorry the pic isn't better, but we'll get more. Thanks for being here - this forum is a great place for great info!

Attachments

• Tortoise (21 of 22).jpg
    Tortoise (21 of 22).jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Tortoise (18 of 22).jpg
    Tortoise (18 of 22).jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Tortoise (16 of 22).jpg
    Tortoise (16 of 22).jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 7

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Ryan:

Welcome to the forum!!

Zippy

5 Year Member

HEY!!! :) i dont have a tortoise yet but im about to get a hermann's tortoise in about a month!!! so exited. im gonna make the tort an indoor, two story, enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.