Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wirral,UK
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Josh said:
Welcome to TortoiseForum.org. We strive to be the leader in tortoise (and turtle) discussions on the web, covering all topics as they are related to everything from the Cryptodira suborder (thats a fancy way of saying tortoises). Our forums allow for in-depth and specific discussions which can be read by tortoise enthusiasts worldwide!

Register Now (it's free!)

I am Josh. I am the site admin/moderator/what-have-you.
Please use this space to introduce yourself (and your tortoises).

Hiya I am Caz and me and my boyfriend have a baby horsefield he is called Speedy lol :) he is around 18 months to 2 yars old and very cute ,thanks for the welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Caz said:
Hiya I am Caz and me and my boyfriend have a baby horsefield he is called Speedy lol :) he is around 18 months to 2 yars old and very cute ,thanks for the welcome.

Hi Caz:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know where you are?

Caz

5 Year Member
Wirral,UK

hiya Yvonne I am on the Wirral in the uk,where are you ?

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA

Hello and welcome!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Caz said:
hiya Yvonne I am on the Wirral in the uk,where are you ?

Hi Caz:

I'm in the US, Central California

stillhot76

5 Year Member

hi this stillhot434 my account isnt resetting so i had to make a new one

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Colleen:

thanks for letting us know!

tartaruga

5 Year Member
Burton on Trent, UK

Hi, We are in the UK. I have recently adopted two Testudo Graeca tortoises. They are 5 years old and they are called Shelly and Shecky. I am in the process of understanding their needs! They have never hibernated before and they live on a tortoise table in my living room. Not sure if this is going to be the best way to continue. Was wondering about buying a children's wooden shed, insulating it and setting it up with lamps and a nice run in the garden for them.
Might be after some advice. Appreciate any advice from you tortoise owners. I want to create the best living environment for them so they have a long and happy life :)

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

tartaruga said:
Hi, We are in the UK. I have recently adopted two Testudo Graeca tortoises. They are 5 years old and they are called Shelly and Shecky. I am in the process of understanding their needs! They have never hibernated before and they live on a tortoise table in my living room. Not sure if this is going to be the best way to continue. Was wondering about buying a children's wooden shed, insulating it and setting it up with lamps and a nice run in the garden for them.
Might be after some advice. Appreciate any advice from you tortoise owners. I want to create the best living environment for them so they have a long and happy life :)

Welcome to the forum:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Tartaruga:

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California

lynnedit said:
Thanks for the welcomes!
Yes, please call me Lynne, not a very imaginative user name...
I did find another thread from 11/14/10 from another NW member with the same questions, so that helps.
Probably will go with a Russian... thinking...
I like the 'enclosure' thread, that has some great ideas, too. I do like to hear what others in our wet climate do.

Welcome to the forum, Lynne! I used to live in West/Southwest Washington, as well--an hour west of Chehalis/Centralia in a little town called Raymond. I had 2 Russians and an Eastern Box Turtle while living there, and all three did great. My boxie LOVED the rainy days, and generally seemed very well suited to the climate, so perhaps that should be a consideration...
However, if a Russian is what you want, get one! In your situation, there's no reason to compromise your wants over climate. Russians, though not as well suited to the constant wet, are very cold tolerant and overall hardy tortoises. So long as you maintain an indoor habitat for those especially cold/wet days (or plan on hibernating--though much less advisable for a new tortoise owner), a Russian would do perfectly well in your climate. They don't need to be outside 24/7, just those days that are nice enough (my rule was above 60F, or at least above 50 if the sun was shining).

fetadiah

5 Year Member

[/font]Hi, I'm Brandy. We just adopted our boy Feta. He's a sweet greek tortoise. No one seems to know how old he is or his origins. All I do know is we adopted Feta from my nephew, who, God love him was trying but was very neglegent. His mom bought Feta from a petchain in Georgia. We live in Maryland and we are trying to find out the best care for him.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts

Hello Brandy welcome to the forum can you post some pic's of him?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Brandy:

Welcome to the forum!!

"Feta"!! Cute name for a Greek tortoise.

kolt1988

5 Year Member
Goodyear, Arizona

Hi, my name is Burt I am a new owner of a 4 month old Sulcata tortoise its name is Atlas. I live in Arizona as I said I am new and looking for all the information I can get my hands on for properly raising my new buddy. I have a shi tzu dog, I do live at home still...I just want the best for Atlas as I can possibly give. I look forward to using this site to my advantage.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa

hi , lindy from connecticut. i have a pair of pancake torts. & LOL one egg! love this site,and glad i joined. pancakes are snip and zoey. working on getting znip another lady friend some day! lindy:tort:

Status
Not open for further replies.