Intro from FL

Marcie P

5 Year Member
Hi, I just got my Sulcata rescue Friday. She had her first vet check up today. She reportedly had a broken jaw years ago that did not heal well, but the vet thinks with proper management it will get a lot better than it is now. Her name is Izzy, she is approximately 13yrs old, 11lbs. Pics were from before the vet. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473902249.333962.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1473902277.398677.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Special girl you have there. Hopefully she eats just fine and things can improve for her.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Welcome to the forum Marcie and Izzy!

Amossharon

Hi I'm new to this site also have had some great advise for my set up..very friendly site..

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I think I sorta met you on a sulcata sure today. Glad you are here also.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi, I just got my Sulcata rescue Friday. She had her first vet check up today. She reportedly had a broken jaw years ago that did not heal well, but the vet thinks with proper management it will get a lot better than it is now. Her name is Izzy, she is approximately 13yrs old, 11lbs. Pics were from before the vet. View attachment 186937View attachment 186938
Hello and welcome to TFO :)

Please start by reading these guides written by species experts working hard to correct the outdated information widely available on the internet and from pet stores and, sadly, from some rescues, breeders and vets too.

Beginner Mistakes
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

How to raise a healthy Sulcata
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Marcie, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and Izzy.
Poor girl's obviously been through the mill a bit, so glad you took her on and will clearly provide her with a loving home and a good life from now on.
She's rather sweet and special.

Marcie P

5 Year Member
She is eating well. Hits the carrots with her chin a lot and has to turn her head upside down. Loves the yard grass and greens and prickly pear go down just fine.