Indoor enclosure -hatchlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BV-SulcataMom

5 Year Member
Feedback on the good, bad or ugly? I love feedback and advice. I want my babies to be happy. They are housed in my office with a space heater that allows me to keep it warmer than my house. Room gets morning sun with a southeast facing window

Attachments

• image-848081702.png
    image-848081702.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Nice and roomy! I would suggest a different substrate, as newspaper is slippery and is said to cause foot issues. Can they get in and out of the water dish fine? What keeps the wooden screen frame up? Bad thing is that screen also will block a lot of the rays your wanting from the UVB light. Which what type of light do you have and how many hours is it on for? Have you considered either a humid hide or adding some moist long strand spagnum moss to the hide for more humidity for them? What temps does it reach in there?

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
can you get the humidity up to 85-90% in this? To avoid pyramiding you will need to make it a micro climate.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
substrate of some kind.. check your temps and humidty is needed... diet? fresh greens, grasses, weeds.,, and the sun thru a window... they dont benefit from that,, except for the light to wake up too :)

BV-SulcataMom

5 Year Member
Thank you for your feedback - I will work on that this weekend. Humidity is all over. But they seem to use all. Poop everywhere. Thank you!!

BV-SulcataMom

5 Year Member
I'm blessed in that the rescue I'm fostering for provides all of their feeding. And it's great stuff too!!

BV-SulcataMom

5 Year Member
Thank you all!! Iearn from every post. I want to have better substrate
Outside but they poop alot. Do u clean or
Let it self clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.