I'm so mad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
Believe me. My wife and I have both been on the phone with them for the last two days. They are trying to help us, but they're not much help at all. They act like they have no power to do anything for the tortoise. I just don't get it. They're are supposed to call me in the morning when he arrives so I can go straight to the airport to pick him up instead of him waiting in a box all day.

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
matt41gb said:
They're are supposed to call me in the morning when he arrives so I can go straight to the airport to pick him up instead of him waiting in a box all day.

Post someone at your house in case they show up there and you are at the airport.

By noon you should have the Tort. If you have the tracking number then at least you'll know where he is.

Get some rest, nothing else anyone can do tonight.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Hey guys, I just walked in the door from work. He is safe and sound! A little cold, but not as bad as I thought. I missed a little work this morning to go directly to the U.P.S headquarters to pick him up. I immediately took him to work and gave him a long warm soak.

The whole trip didn't seem to phase him at all. He is the most active red foot I've ever seen. He also ate an apple and some grass an hour after I took him out of the box! He appeared healthy, very heavy, bright eyed, and no nasal discharge.

I tried to contact the seller, but of course he's not man enough to answer my calls. Turns out he didn't even ship the same tortoise that he had pictured. I guess he found a picture online and posted it. I'm happy with the tortoise, (except that I was expecting a bigger male). He is safe and sound in his winter enclosure for the time being. He will be just fine.

I will post pictures of him, and the one in the picture the guy had on his ad. Thanks for everyone's support and help, (with the exception of Tim/Robin, who was just rude.) I am now a much happier man now that I know the red foot is ok.

-Matt

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Thank goodness! :D

And thanks for letting us know.

Nice that you can soak a tortoise at work....;)

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
Good to know... Different tortoise calls for a dispute with paypal.. just saying misrepresenting

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tim/Robin said:
Shame on you for not doing your homework and being 100% certain of all aspects of shipping, ie. routes, temperatures, and delivery times. UPS makes it very clear about transit times. If you did not specify Next Day Air with Saturday delivery, you don't have a leg to stand on. If you both agreed to Next Day Air, he did infact hold up his end of the deal and used a form of Next Day service.

I don't think we can expect the "receiver" to know about shipping. In my opinion, it should have been up to the "shipper" to know that he shouldn't ship on a Friday. I have always ONLY shipped out on Tues or Wed.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Ok, Here are some pictures. The first picture is what the guy was supposed to send me.

redfoot.jpg

Here is what I got today.

100_2039.jpg

I'm 100% convinced this isn't the same tortoise. I understand people that have tons of tortoises will post a picture of one individual that sums up the total. This guy only had two of them. The picture looks like something he found on the internet.

-Matt

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I'm so glad your new little guy is safe and sound! Definitely not the same tortoise as pictured. He is adorable though! :)

emysemys said:
Tim/Robin said:
Shame on you for not doing your homework and being 100% certain of all aspects of shipping, ie. routes, temperatures, and delivery times. UPS makes it very clear about transit times. If you did not specify Next Day Air with Saturday delivery, you don't have a leg to stand on. If you both agreed to Next Day Air, he did infact hold up his end of the deal and used a form of Next Day service.

I don't think we can expect the "receiver" to know about shipping. In my opinion, it should have been up to the "shipper" to know that he shouldn't ship on a Friday. I have always ONLY shipped out on Tues or Wed.

Agreed. When my hatchling was shipped to me I have to admit I didn't look into shipping. She told me she would do next day shipping and ship my little man on a Tuesday. She did say that she couldn't ship on a Friday because it was next business day.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:

We completely disagree. "WE" as keepers owe it to them to know every aspect of shipping, both the shipper and the receiver. It should ALWAYS be about the best interest of the tortoise. A prudent individual would never have taken the risk to have a tortoise shipped on a Friday. The "what ifs" are endless! In this case, the tortoise got lucky! We are glad to know the tortoise is out of the cold cramped shipping box and alive. It could have easily enough turned out for the worse. Hopefully, this will be a lesson for many.

matt41gb said:
(with the exception of Tim/Robin, who was just rude.)

As for rude, reality and truth bites some times.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Glad that he arrived in good condition! He is very handsome!

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Tim/Robin said:
emysemys said:

We completely disagree. "WE" as keepers owe it to them to know every aspect of shipping, both the shipper and the receiver. It should ALWAYS be about the best interest of the tortoise. A prudent individual would never have taken the risk to have a tortoise shipped on a Friday. The "what ifs" are endless! In this case, the tortoise got lucky! We are glad to know the tortoise is out of the cold cramped shipping box and alive. It could have easily enough turned out for the worse. Hopefully, this will be a lesson for many.

matt41gb said:
(with the exception of Tim/Robin, who was just rude.)

As for rude, reality and truth bites some times.

We all make mistakes sir/mam, whatever you are. I think people are more prone to make a mistake when they're being lied to during the whole process. He was supposed to be shipped out on Monday like I stated before. I tried everything to get him shipped as soon as possible.

He arrived perfectly fine. Now you can go to another forum and preach about how perfect you are to someone else who made a simple mistake.

-Matt

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'm glad he made it just fine Matt :D

I am though going to have to agree with Tim on this one. There are sooooooooooooooooo many thing that can go wrong with shipping a tortoise. So it is up to everyone (seller and buyer) to know what happens when an animal is shipped.

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
matt41gb said:
He arrived perfectly fine. Now you can go to another forum and preach about how perfect you are to someone else who made a simple mistake.

We have never preached about how perfect we are. Where are you getting that? Nothing was ever said about us. As stated, we are glad the tortoise arrived and is alive. BTW, this is Tim typing but Robin is by my side and has had input on this entire issue.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Tim/Robin said:
matt41gb said:

We have never preached about how perfect we are. Where are you getting that? Nothing was ever said about us. As stated, we are glad the tortoise arrived and is alive. BTW, this is Tim typing but Robin is by my side and has had input on this entire issue.
I apologize for being testy. This whole situation has gotten me all worked up. I really hate conflict between others. You just came across as rude, and I defended myself. I appreciate your help, and I'm glad you are just as frusterated as I am. I made a mistake, but I was lied to as well. When he told me he was shipping on Friday I was at work and couldn't research what could go wrong. I was stupid and took his word for it. I can be too trusting sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.