Identification and question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Hello! I would like to know if you could identify my greek tortoise. I am not sure what specific kind he is and I am curious.
And yes he is pyramiding a little bit.:(
for the question, the only bulb I have been using is the ZooMed powersun uv 100 watt bulb. Is this bulb ok to use as the only bulb? The temperature is fine, but I am not sure about the uv.
Thanks!:)

Attachments

• Hermy back1.JPG
    Hermy back1.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Hermy bottom1.JPG
    Hermy bottom1.JPG
    536.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Hermy side1.JPG
    Hermy side1.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Hermy side2.JPG
    Hermy side2.JPG
    838.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Hermy top1.JPG
    Hermy top1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 22

gopherhockey03

5 Year Member
East Grand Forks
I would say its a Testudo graeca ibera... But not 100% sure!!! And I don't see any pyramiding at all his shell looks perfect and has excellent coloring I love it! I wouldn't worry at all... And from the research I have done the ZooMed powersun uv 100 watt bulb is one of the best to use. But it doesn't beat real sunlight =) hope I helped a bit!

TurtleTortoise

5 Year Member
Michigan
gopherhockey03 said:
I would say its a Testudo graeca ibera... But not 100% sure!!! And I don't see any pyramiding at all his shell looks perfect and has excellent coloring I love it! I wouldn't worry at all... And from the research I have done the ZooMed powersun uv 100 watt bulb is one of the best to use. But it doesn't beat real sunlight =) hope I helped a bit!

Ok thanks! Maybe someone els can confirm its a Testudo graeca ibera! And you don't think he's pyramiding? That's good!

Status
Not open for further replies.