I think i was lied to...

haydog_99

Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
I just got the scale so I haven't been able to see what it was before... all I have been able to do is track the growth on his shell... the first pic was right when I got him, the next is a month ish later, and the last one was just 2 or 3 days ago.
I know he was started dry because they said 50% was what the humidity should always be. I learned within a few days what you guys say and he's been bumped since then...

I really hope not ? it's amazing how fast you fall in love with these guys... how often should I weigh since we are watching for the hurdle jump? Just the weekly weigh in? Should I add something to his diet that could possibly help him gain or just keep with what he's been getting and hope for the best?

I hope they were just lying and sent me a much younger tortoise than they claim... ?
You are probably fine it looks like he has new growth. I have a PB leopard that I got from one of their sites as well. He was 10 months when arrived and I started weighing him about a week after I got him. When I first weighed him he was 84 grams, and I was pretty concerned that he was so small. Two months after monitoring his weight he is now 130 grams, so I hope he’s going to be good in the long run. He’s not a big eater but he seems to be steadily growing. Best of luck to the both of you.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
You are probably fine it looks like he has new growth. I have a PB leopard that I got from one of their sites as well. He was 10 months when arrived and I started weighing him about a week after I got him. When I first weighed him he was 84 grams, and I was pretty concerned that he was so small. Two months after monitoring his weight he is now 130 grams, so I hope he’s going to be good in the long run. He’s not a big eater but he seems to be steadily growing. Best of luck to the both of you.
Im hoping so for her sake and the lil dude. Get past that 60-70 gram mark. Lets go!!

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Im hoping so for her sake and the lil dude. Get past that 60-70 gram mark. Lets go!!
The mazuri says it should get here Monday so hopefully he'll demolish it!

He's definitely got lots of new growth so hopefully it just continues to go up! ??

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hoping for the best.. but if worst happens .. dont beat urself up. Ive been through it. U did everything right

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA

He's definitely got lots of new growth so hopefully it just continues to go up! ??
He may not like it at first, when I started giving it to my guy he would only eat a little bit. Now it’s his favorite thing to eat. I’m Sure you’ll be fine. Just keep in mind that tortoises grow at dramatically different rates. Check out this article. http://leopardtortoises.com/leopard-tortoise-growth-rates/

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city

Sa Ga

MN
I use broccoli as a appetite stimulant for Morla. (I swear she has ADHD! The smallest noise or pause in my feeding her, and she walks away.) Getting her focus on her food again usually takes a bite of broccoli and then a quick switcharoo. However, if it is anywhere in sight/scent, she will plow right past me and find it! Lol. The way she sneaks up on it and them ambushes it is absolutely adorable!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

trust me (new to the Mazuri thing) .... he will love it!!! And right away too!! Good luck little one!!! Go get your nummies!!!?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
U must have a russian.. yeah they get huge

nope.... she is a sulcata. The friggin guy at
“Wet Pets” upstate NY lied to me and said it was some kind of testudo... After mooocho research ... I found out she is the third largest in the world????
(Not her specifically)..lol... not yet at least??
30” x 30” and 130lbs..
while I have you here.... could you give me advice on how to “transport” her to a vet (if need be)?? All the rubber tubs on websites are too small???
Thanks in advance.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
nope.... she is a sulcata. The friggin guy at
“Wet Pets” upstate NY lied to me and said it was some kind of testudo... After mooocho research ... I found out she is the third largest in the world????
(Not her specifically)..lol... not yet at least??
30” x 30” and 130lbs..
while I have you here.... could you give me advice on how to “transport” her to a vet (if need be)?? All the rubber tubs on websites are too small???
Thanks in advance.
A wheelbarrow? Lol