Tortoise getting more picky on his food?

Jimmy1

Location (City and/or State)
NYC
Mochi, my 8 month old Indian Star tortoise has always eaten a bunch and pooped alot. Recently, hes avoiding the greens I provide (dandelion, wheatgrass, endives, etc.) He normally would eat them. He even avoids lettuce and cucumber (and he loved those!).

In lieu of green's i've been feeding mazuri with sprinkles of oat grass/wheatgrass powder and he still eats that. Still pooping tons.

He's also hiding a lot more than he used to. Any ideas why he stopped eating greens?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you have the correct temps?
Basking 95-100
Over all 80
Night 80
A lot of tortoises will stop the greens once they taste mazuri.
Take a couple mazuri pellets and soak them in water. Then smear them on the greens, even dumping the mazuri soak water on the greens. This is what you may have to do instead of feeding straight mazuri, always use less mazuri and more greens, but smear the mazuri in the greens.

Jimmy1

NYC
Do you have the correct temps?
Basking 95-100
Over all 80
Night 80
A lot of tortoises will stop the greens once they taste mazuri.
Take a couple mazuri pellets and soak them in water. Then smear them on the greens, even dumping the mazuri soak water on the greens. This is what you may have to do instead of feeding straight mazuri, always use less mazuri and more greens, but smear the mazuri in the greens.
Yeah! I'm using Mark's smart enclosure so its meeting all of those requirements 100% of the time.
I'll try smearing the mazuri!