I need advice...

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hi all, I am in need of advice. I contacted a person today that has 8 yr old Aldabra torts for adoption. He is asking $100 for each and is pushing to get rid of them like yesterday. Something to me sounds fishy, so I have to ask myself is this to good to be true, am I imagining my dream torts for so cheap and not to far away from me or is there something Im missing. Like are they stolen? Is this a fraud, some sort of scam? Help me out guys, if it is a true thing maybe one of our Aldabra people can look into it for me or if I can't take them maybe someone else can. The person is located in Texas.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Are you sure they actually have tortoises? Did you see the animals in person or just photos? Photos are easy to reverse image search, so you can at least see if they are actually their pictures. I'm not an aldabra person, but no way would I believe that price. Even if they were stolen, they could do a lot better.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
If this was real those tortoises would be long gone. It's a total SCAM.

But if your still unsure. Offer to pick them up and pay cash on the spot. That will probably be the last time he responds.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
SCAM, SCAM,SCAM. You will never find them that cheap. I bet they have all the expensive species for sale cheap too. Don't waist another second on this creep.

Keith D.

Arizona
SCAM, SCAM,SCAM. You will never find them that cheap. I bet they have all the expensive species for sale cheap too. Don't waist another second on this creep.
Ya it seems like a scam the more I think about it, I asked him about paying cash when I arrive to pick them up, he said "You will take to long. If you're ready I could register them at the airport for shipping tonight. You can pay me half now and send the rest when you have them."
Oh he says he has 4, two females and two males. Welly if you want a wack at him, his phone number is 678-435-9947.
Here is the craigslist link. http://boise.craigslist.org/pet/5136465457.html
He sent me some pics I will post them in a bit.

Keith D.

Arizona
Here are the pics he sent me.

Attachments

• received_974383675957297.jpeg
    received_974383675957297.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 33
  • received_974383715957293.jpeg
    received_974383715957293.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 32
  • received_974383739290624.jpeg
    received_974383739290624.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 36

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
OH, he didn't even spell Aldabra correctly and the guy in the pic knows how to spell it.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I can't remember that guys name, but he is a member here. I would bet these are not the person you are talking to pics. @ALDABRAMAN do you remember this guys name? I'm sure you know him. These are not the guy you are talking to pics.

~ Ed, well known and respected tortoise enthusiast!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Hi all, I am in need of advice. // $100 for each

~ Anything less than $1400 has a high probability of being a scam. Nice flawless imports are at least $1400 wholesale currently from both of the overseas commercial farms and around $1200 for ones with split, extra, double or divided scutes.

Keith D.

Arizona
~ Anything less than $1400 has a high probability of being a scam. Nice flawless imports are at least $1400 currently from both of the overseas commercial farms and less for ones with split, extra, double or divided scutes.
That is what I thought, anyway can I have your email addy please.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Thanks. If you know how to get ahold of him, you might drop him a line and let him know a scammer is using not only his Aldabra pics, but s pic of him.

~ I have all his contacts, however this is a very common problem with little if any legal avenues to stop this problem!