1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Aldabra's tortoise breeder

Discussion in 'Aldabra tortoises' started by Raul91, Sep 3, 2017.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Raul91

Raul91 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Spain
    Hello! My name is Raul and I am Spanish. I have 2 baby sulcata tortoises. However I would like to have 1 or 2 Aldabra tortoises. It is a dream that I have since childhood but in Spain the prices are very high. I would like you to help me to get some Aldabra tortoise. I do not care if it is from any breeder of Mauritius, Seychelles or Florida I only want healthy animals. Many thanks friends. :)
  2. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I think no matter where you buy them from, you're going to find they are pretty expensive. And then add onto that the price to ship them to you.
  3. Raul91

Raul91 New Member

Spain
    Thanks for your reply. I know that Aldabra's tortoises are expensive but I still want to have at least one. Also tortoises in Spain are too expensive and are usually sick. That's why I would like you to advise me a good breeder.
  4. Alaskamike

Alaskamike Well-Known Member

South Florida
    Anything is possible with enough $. You probably know you can't raise an Aldabra in same surround as a Sulcata. Aldabra are okay together in a group. But the Sulcata will bully / fight the Aldabra. Eventually.

There are 2 breeders on here I know of. They will see your post. I have no idea what it would cost or the procedures for overseas shipping but they will. And if interested might contact you by Direct Messaging ( DM).

The other alternative in contacting breeders/suppliers in the Marketing / Vendor section. Many are suppliers ( though not breeders ).

Good fortune in your search.

In
    Kathym_90 likes this.
  5. Raul91

Raul91 New Member

Spain
    Thank you very much for your reply. I know that the sulcataand the Aldabra tortoises have different behavior and need different humidities. I just said that I have 2 sulcata turtles because I love tortoises in general. I hope some breeder can help me. Still thanks for your help
  6. Raul91

Raul91 New Member

Spain
    Nobody can help me? I would appreciate it a lot... :(
  7. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member Tortoise Club

Chicago, Illinois, USA
    The two breeders we have here live in an area that just had a bad hurricane go through. Give it some time. I'm sure eventually they will be able to get back on.
    You can also check toucanjungle he does more shipping them our one member likes to do.