I might get a male ttbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oakland, Oregon
Yea, he had a bunch last year too. I bought(saved) and adult and a hatchling. This trip I just didnt have the extra money... I wish I could have. :(

Last year he made me a deal so I would give them a better life. I still paid almost $100 for them. This year he wouldn't make me any kind of deal. I couldn't afford it..... I did sit and give them some attention and love for an hour or so. So sad :(

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
thats really too bad :( you should find out where he gets them at, maybe he wont be allowed to sell them anymore depending on where he buys them, the hatchling already cannot be legally sold the adults also may be illigel. you should PM me his contact info and we could see if we could make him either care for them more or stop selling somthing that is against the law ya know?

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
My cousin got him!!..and now says I can't have him b/c he is so flipping cute!..hahaha I know she's joking!!....when she gets home i'm gonna video chat with he to see him.....she says he is small and about the size of her palm.....so if he is still young,,,how long until he's breeding age?

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
I think that around 8 they can breed but Idk that's just from reading . I would double check with people that actually breed them to be sure . U should also look if TT males are smaller or larger than females normally. It changes for different sub sp.

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
male ttbts are usually smaller then females but not always, that boy im willing to bet is mature and i bet he hasnt seen a girl in some time so he will be ready to rock and roll right away! lol males can mature as young as 5yrs while females can be as young as 6-7 it all depends on how it grew up, temps hibernation food availibility, BUT male sgenerally mature sooner then girls (not that they know what they're doing yet) LOL

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
just did a video chat with my cousin and she showed him to me..he is not too small...maybe the size of Pokey..I guess the ppl that were the "hoarders" had him in a shoebox in the garage...and when my cousin got there the lady had him in a wire cage out in the rain with no hide..:(...so I told her how to fix him up in a Rubbermaid tub temporarily until i get there on Friday...he has alot of orange on him..and his planstron is concaved.....she said he likes to to social...he sticks his head out to be petted....hurry up Friday!!!....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
foxboysracing said:
ugh...I am trying to remind myself that I can't save them all. .... My husband would really like me to try and remember that...haha

:D Husbands have a way of doing that. :D

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
turtlemann2 said:
Jacqui said:
foxboysracing said:
ugh...I am trying to remind myself that I can't save them all. .... My husband would really like me to try and remember that...haha

or wives :)

:) Soo true :)

I will say that my husband went out with my tonight in the pouring rain to find worms...
finally... I am getting him trained. :) It's only taken 20 years haha

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
turtlemann2 said:
Jacqui said:
foxboysracing said:

or wives :)

My wife tries to remind me that I have enough, but I don't listen very well...:p

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
turtlemann2 said:
LOL itll take me about that long to get my wife trained maybe longer :)

That thing that my wife is most afraid of. . . . is worms. She'll never be trained to pick them up.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
supremelysteve said:
That thing that my wife is most afraid of. . . . is worms. She'll never be trained to pick them up.

I used to b like that . Now I touch worms, but I WILL NOT touch crickets lol

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
omg...I bought crickets and i opened the lid and the jumped out..I had my dog trying to track them down....i was squealing...now i put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to numb them...then they dont jump

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
jojodesca said:
omg...I bought crickets and i opened the lid and the jumped out..I had my dog trying to track them down....i was squealing...now i put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to numb them...then they dont jump

I got good at transferring them from the bag to the critter carrier. They come in a bag at the pet store so I just cut a tiny piece off the corner of the bag and shake them out . But if any escaped I would get my cat and she would eat them Haha . Although she used to find the critter carrier no matter how high we put it and knock it down . Then I have 4 dozen crickets running around ... GROSS !

turtlemann2 said:
crickets, check. mealworms, check. worms, check. ROACHES...... ive got tongs.
Do the turtles like roaches ?

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
LOVE them... especially the big fat juciy ones... i have a hidden colony in the garage, my wife doesnt know about. but even i cant touch em, it has to do with when we lived in hawaii they were everywhere. Yuck! but they are very nutritional but can be fast. i crunch them and they still move plenty but are slow enough to get caught

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
eeeek...no that you!....cockroaches are gross!!!..lol.............getting my boy tomorrow!....YAYAYAYAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.