I might get a male ttbt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Found an ad on Craigslist for a rescued male ttbt...He was rescued from an animal hoarder....waiting for more info... we will see what happens...he is said to be in good shape....with an orange face...

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
turtlemann2 said:
i hope you get him too, that way we can all stop hearing about... LOL im just kidding Good Luck i hope you get him!

HAHAHAHAHA...well now if I get him you all will be hearing more about it!!..:p:D

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
YAY !!!! I hope u get him :) are u going to let the four of them live together then ?

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
pryncesssc said:
YAY !!!! I hope u get him :) are u going to let the four of them live together then ?

No, not at first...I will quarantine him for about a month....I will see his manner 1st....and I am going to look into getting a custom built enclosure..what I have now is too small to have a male in there...;)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
jojodesca said:
No, not at first...I will quarantine him for about a month....I will see his manner 1st....and I am going to look into getting a custom built enclosure..what I have now is too small to have a male in there...;)

That's awesome . I WISH I could get a custom enclosure that had a lot of walking space . Aquariums suck cause they are narrow and tall and that doesn't help a turtle any. I think I'm going to put a temporary pen in my back yard soon for the turtles to play in while I supervise . My dad doesn't use fertalizer and hasn't in 10 years or anything so that's good. I just get nervous because the hatchling likes to dig ...

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
i would like to keep the width narrow but have it tall..like a tri-level...where I gan open or slide the doors for easy access and cleaning..i might have to draw what I am thinking.....

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
i prefer open tops with one side made of plexie, i am using a narrower but not too narrow bookshelf turned on its side on top of a dresser with the frontside (plexie) facing the living room :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
here's a few pics

malettbt.jpg

malettbt1.jpg

malettbt2.jpg

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
turtlemann2 said:
is that you holding him? or is that the rescue lasy? he sure has some RED eyes :) i love his regular olive drab "plain" shell :)

Thats the lady...she sent me some pics....My cousin is picking him up tomorrow..she said that he's maybe 2 yrs old..but idk....what do you think....she got him from a hoarder....they said he was 2 yrs....

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He's is an older dignified fellow, not a spry two year old. :D

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Much older than 2

Maybe the hoarder had him for two years and thats what they are going by for age...

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
thats what i thought..if he was 2 he'd be alot smaller wouldnt he?..and he looks like hes got some years on him.....look at those eyes!!....he's so pretty....lol.....and Scott...I love the drab olive too!!!.....

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
He does look kind of small to me but pics are hard to tell . Those are some bright red male eyes ! Congrats :)

foxboysracing

10 Year Member!
Oakland, Oregon
I agree. no way he is 2. He would still be a juvenile and you can see the spacing ridges on his shell that look VERY well established as he has tried to grow. Also, three toes are always smaller than easterns. usually only 5" or so. It looks like he is probably right near that size. :0
Also I saw a male 3 toe in red Bluff at 'The Aquarium Pets' and he really needs someone to give him a loving home. he was friendly but very shy. I think they were asking $79 for him. I would love to see him go to someone who knows how to take care of him. I almost bought him just to 'save' him, but I knew he would end up fighting with my 3 toe male.... ugh...I am trying to remind myself that I can't save them all. .... My husband would really like me to try and remember that...haha

turtlemann2

5 Year Member
Mid Willamette Valley, Or
i disagree you can save them all :) and then find appropriote homes for them or fall in love and fix an enclosure big enough or seperated so that the men dont butt heads, its really to bad and im surprised there is a pet store selling one, seeing as in most states WC are illigle and CB are too expencive :(

Status
Not open for further replies.