I luv Androids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
CtTortoise said:
By any chance can you run orig Nintendo ROM emulators on that baby? That is one thing I wish I had for my iPad.

Yes!! I've had Nintendo, Supernintendo, Gameboy and Sega Genesis on my Droid.

with my 4.3 inch screen and multi touch display it's FUN!

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Damn damn damn. Jealousy is now in full effect! I've thought about doing it on my iPad and using the wii controller as a wired controller, but I just can't bring myself to jailbreak the iPad.

Multiple rom emulators = +1 for droid

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Regarding the iPad...how do you like it? Any regrets? Will you be buying the 2nd generation this year?

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
I absolutely love the iPad. Perfect for general media consumption. I work in sales and travel to different ORs. it is the perfect medium for carrying surgical techniques, technical manuals etc. Large enough for nice images and easy readability of tech manuals. Good reader is a nice app for PDF transfer.

I also love to read on it. I didn't think I would but I am addicted to the ability to look up words in instant dictionary etc. (I prefer the kindle app to other reading apps currently.)

Handbrake has made for easy addition of movies.

Battery life has been great. Much better than I had expected.

I don't mind the keyboard because I am used to iPhone style keyboard.

Overall I couldn't be happier. I use it everyday and there is nothing that I would change about it.

Will I buy version 2? Hell yes I will!

Jharris1385

5 Year Member
Droid Incredible user and love it....other than putting new themes on your screen what are the other benefits of rooting your phone?

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Jharris1385 said:
Droid Incredible user and love it....other than putting new themes on your screen what are the other benefits of rooting your phone?

You can delete any app from your phone like pre installed 'bloatware' to save space and install developed apps that can speed up cpu speeds. My droid x runs about 1.3 ghz

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
There's forums for cell phones?!?!?!?!...My wife got blackberry's for us and the kids from her work.I've had nextel for yrs. and was cool with it.I'll never use all the junk in this phone,or send text,or w/e...I hate the phone (in general) and probally never go over 15mins a month.

My buddy works for Verizon and dropped off a bunch of new phones last week.I haven't even looked at them.Ya have to work at NASA to figure out all these things.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I've had an iphone jailbroken and unlocked... thought it was great till it really started to **** me off. While the operating system on the Android side keeps getting better and better... on the apple side it gets worse and worse almost forcing you to get a new phone. Now I have the G2, I love it! No more itunes. THANK GOD. I just like how I can drag and drop video's, music, pictures... on any computer without having to use itunes.

Chifte

5 Year Member
Fleetwood, PA
Mao Senpai said:
on the apple side it gets worse and worse almost forcing you to get a new phone.

I think the iPhone is a great tool, but only while Apple 100% supports it, once they have a new product come along they ever so slowly sabotage the older versions.

iOS4 has all bout slowed my 3G phone to a crawl, apps that once opened in half a second take 5-10, texting and scrolling can cause the phone to freeze for up to 30 seconds. And it' s a wide spread problem to boot, it's all just Apples way of saying "Upgrade!".

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I'm with Verizon & currently have a blackberry storm, which I am not impressed with. It's slow, no space to hold any apps & I don't feel like I get my $30 a month in smartphone fun! I am eligible for an upgrade & am currently debating between the iphone & the android. I wanted to wait & see if they had any issues after the iphone release & also see if their rates are going to go up. I don't want to sign another 2 year contract & then have the rates go up on smartphones. And I don't want to get another phone & then have the same problem as I have with my blackberry. The Android is $100 cheaper than the iphone would be, but I like that with the iphone you can play games with friends on any network. Anyone know if you can do that with different phones? Like I have a droid & my sister has an iphone & we both have the same app words with friends, could we still play together?

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
zoogrl said:
I'm with Verizon & currently have a blackberry storm, which I am not impressed with. It's slow, no space to hold any apps & I don't feel like I get my $30 a month in smartphone fun! I am eligible for an upgrade & am currently debating between the iphone & the android. I wanted to wait & see if they had any issues after the iphone release & also see if their rates are going to go up. I don't want to sign another 2 year contract & then have the rates go up on smartphones. And I don't want to get another phone & then have the same problem as I have with my blackberry. The Android is $100 cheaper than the iphone would be, but I like that with the iphone you can play games with friends on any network. Anyone know if you can do that with different phones? Like I have a droid & my sister has an iphone & we both have the same app words with friends, could we still play together?

Yes words w/ friends was actually just released a week ago. It is playable with both networks/phones. There are other games that are making a transition as well along with texting apps like "kik" Similar to blackberry messanger it uses DATA rather then your texting plan...saving you money so you may even lower your plan if your other friends family have the same app for their iphone or android.

CtTortoise said:
Words Woth Friends makes the additional $100 well worth it

hahaha...so I guess you won't have to pay that extra $100.

Also, regarding the price plan for smart phones..I don't believe the carrier is allowed to force an increase of rates on your phone mid term if your plan is already active. So if you purchase a smart phone with the current data plan they can't increase the price on you until you renew with them. So its better now then later IMO. But I don't think the rate will increase on 3G service and data for smart phones...you do however have to pay extra for 4G service ($10)

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Chifte said:
Mao Senpai said:
on the apple side it gets worse and worse almost forcing you to get a new phone.

I think the iPhone is a great tool, but only while Apple 100% supports it, once they have a new product come along they ever so slowly sabotage the older versions.

iOS4 has all bout slowed my 3G phone to a crawl, apps that once opened in half a second take 5-10, texting and scrolling can cause the phone to freeze for up to 30 seconds. And it' s a wide spread problem to boot, it's all just Apples way of saying "Upgrade!".

Yes that's exactly what happened. My phone was great at 2.2 and now with 3.0 and I haven't even tried iOS4 since at 3.0 my phone is BARELY useable. It went from a decent device to some junk I just want to stab a pen through. Not to mention some of the app's force you to upgrade the OS which is pretty retarded. Ah well those are the old days. Now for the better OS systems. So far I'm pretty happy with my tmobile 4g speeds... it's faster than what I previously had for the house the dsl... funny how it by AT&T--both their phone and home internet is slow.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Marty333 said:
Im under 20 and am totally confused o_O i have a little texting phone and I'm happy with that.

I used to be content with that...until the smart phone world opened up the world to me at my finger tips on the GO!

It's good and it's bad haha...

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
fmadrigal said:
Marty333 said:
Im under 20 and am totally confused o_O i have a little texting phone and I'm happy with that.

I used to be content with that...until the smart phone world opened up the world to me at my finger tips on the GO!

Agree 100%. I used to be content waiting until I got hom nto check my email.....

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
CtTortoise said:
fmadrigal said:
Marty333 said:

Agree 100%. I used to be content waiting until I got hom nto check my email.....

hahaha

+1

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
fmadrigal said:
zoogrl said:

Yes words w/ friends was actually just released a week ago. It is playable with both networks/phones. There are other games that are making a transition as well along with texting apps like "kik" Similar to blackberry messanger it uses DATA rather then your texting plan...saving you money so you may even lower your plan if your other friends family have the same app for their iphone or android.

CtTortoise said:

Also, regarding the price plan for smart phones..I don't believe the carrier is allowed to force an increase of rates on your phone mid term if your plan is already active. So if you purchase a smart phone with the current data plan they can't increase the price on you until you renew with them. So its better now then later IMO. But I don't think the rate will increase on 3G service and data for smart phones...you do however have to pay extra for 4G service ($10)

I think you may have just sold me on the droid! I was holding out for the possible rate increase but if they can't do that then maybe I will go ahead & upgrade. My fiance & I were talking about losing the cell phones all together but if the rates aren't going to go up mid term we may just keep on staying connected! I like the idea of customizing the droid to what I want, for that much money it's good to have that option. OK, I feel informed! lol Thanks!

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
zoogrl said:
fmadrigal said:
zoogrl said:

CtTortoise said:

I think you may have just sold me on the droid! I was holding out for the possible rate increase but if they can't do that then maybe I will go ahead & upgrade. My fiance & I were talking about losing the cell phones all together but if the rates aren't going to go up mid term we may just keep on staying connected! I like the idea of customizing the droid to what I want, for that much money it's good to have that option. OK, I feel informed! lol Thanks!

nice! Yeah, I've become some what of a smart "Smart Phone Geek" according to what my friends say. =D

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Cory, its a newer form of communication that has taken 30 sec conversations and turned them into 10min conversations.

coreyc said:
onarock said:
I'm with you Tom, I couldnt even pronounce one of those words and I could even begin to tell anyone their significance. I have an LG flip phone, not "smart" and no keyboard, so texting is almost out of the question.

Tom said:
What? We speak English here on this forum. Can someone under 20 years old explain what he just said?

Hey Onarock what's texting?

Status
Not open for further replies.