I hope this guy does not get his female he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Psh. People. You're not the only one that's put off by that ad, too, and I can think of a hundred reasons why that is. =P Chalk me up for also reeeaally hoping he doesn't get his female!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That guy should be...well never mind. Some people just always amaze me in the things they do.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My first thought was STDs or any disease. I hope no one helps him out.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Why would anyone waste time to even write that ad, much less post it? I agree...I hope know one responds to his ad

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
It rubs you the wrong way because it's tacky. I hope he doesn't find one.:(

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Poor grammar and I think the whole "sex" thing is a failed attempt to be funny, but it seems like that he wants breed Russian tortoises. I actually know very little about Russian tortoises, but aren't they still being collected from the wild? Even if they're not, I gotta support captive breeding, I hope he finds a female. I don't think he will be given one, or would be able to purchase one for $30 though.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
I had someone PM me and try to pull this when everyone thought Walter was female :/ it's not cool. Just really creepy.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I bet he refuses to neuter his dogs, wont use birth control himself, would never consider a vasectomy for himself... and thinks Sex is what you live for...

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm still at a loss as to what you all think this guy did wrong...Did anyone bother to contact him to really find out what he was about? or maybe suggest he change his ad? Or do we just make wild assumptions because his post was poorly written?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
he wants a female so his male tort 'can get some'.... not that its 'wrong' but it just doesnt seem right, and we know isnt neccasary! infact... the whole quarantine, fighting yada yada thing should be addressed to the poster..

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Laura said:
he wants a female so his male tort 'can get some'.... not that its 'wrong' but it just doesnt seem right, and we know isnt neccasary! infact... the whole quarantine, fighting yada yada thing should be addressed to the poster..

I get that, but as far as I can tell no one addressed that with the poster did they? It seems his post was just flagged and that was it.

Maybe the whole story wasn't told though.

TylerStewart

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV.
If I was a lonely male tortoise, I'd be thrilled that my owner was trying to get me some LOL....

cmosuna

5 Year Member
Stanton, CA
There's also someone in Orange County posting every single day asking for a female Russian. Probably same person

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What I find "offensive" is that the guy wants something for nothing and as Laura noted, he's showing no regard for quarantine or the well being of the animals. I'm all for breeding any species of tortoise, but there certain ways to go about it. Trying to scam a free tortoise so his male can "get some" is not the right way to go about breeding tortoises. On one hand I want to say that "it can't hurt to ask...", but on the other hand it is tacky, insulting and ridiculous for someone to ask to be given something of great value for free for no good reason.... If he doesn't have the money to buy, quarantine, house, vet check and feed his own herd, how will he afford an incubator if he did get lucky enough to see eggs?

The whole thing is silly. My inclination is to dismiss this ad as juvenile, idiotic and ridiculous.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Obviously from his post, he has a bit to learn about the tortoise he has and the one he wants to have. And if he wants people to take him seriously, he has a thing or two to learn in the grammar department.

I guess what I didn't like about this thread is that the person just didn't know any better (maybe), and instead of trying to reach out to him (Which someone might have done for all I know) we made a post on a public forum making fun of the guy essentially, when there could have been a good learning opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.