I H S registration discounts for society members and students

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
In 2014, the International Herpetological Symposium will be held in Riverside CA (near Los Angeles!) from July16-19+. As part of an ongoing program to raise attendance at our annual symposia, we are offering certificates good for BOGO (buy one, get one free!) registration for the conference to herpetological societies that help us to promote the event.

We have flyers/ads for our upcoming annual conference that we need a direct email address to send to. We would appreciate it if you could include it in any publications you produce and/or have the information available for members and the public at any of your events throughout the upcoming months, until mid-July. In return, if you are interested, we are willing to provide you with two certificates, each good for one free full registration (excluding banquet) with the purchase of one full registration to the 2014 I H S in Riverside, CA (valued at $140 each).

The annual International Herpetological Symposium has been held for 36 years, most locations being in the continental United States. In addition to a vast amount of information given out over 3 full days of talks by exceptional speakers, it is a great chance to rub elbows and network with some of the herp world’s ‘greats’ from the zoo world, academia, and herpetoculture. This year also includes free attendance and a hosted dinner by the Los Angeles Zoo and informal sigh-up field trips on Sunday to the La Brea Tar Pits, Forever Wild, San Diego Zoo, and nearby desert herping (both day and night trips). We have two days of silent auction items, run during and after the talks, and after the Saturday banquet we will have a short, live auction of exceptional items. As always, during the conference the vendor room will offer a great selection of herp-related equipment, books, artwork, T-shirts, etc. All-in-all, an entertaining as well as educational conference, to be sure.

Each qualified herp-related society may request two BOGO registration certificates. They may be allotted to members of your society in whatever manner your board of directors deems fit (auction, raffle, prize for contest, etc.) but the free registration must be used by someone that has NOT registered for the I H S conference within the last 5 years (the purpose of this program being to promote NEW attendance). We realize that planning for travel vacation time is sometimes needed well in advance, so we are hoping you will consider allotting these free registrations as soon as reasonably possible. To assure that we keep track of where the BOGO registrations are used, we need you to email me directly and request them be sent to a designated board member of your organization.

Thank you for partnering with I H S on this promotion, and we look forward to hearing from you. We also look forward to meeting some of your members in Riverside! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Theresa Moran
[email protected]
I H S Secretary/ Grants Chair

Please share this information with any/all students, instructors, institutions, and organizations that might be interested and include it in any e-mailings or notices that you may send out.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I hope others can make it! I'd love to see you all

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I see that Ed Pirog will be one of the speakers. Too bad its a 'herp' symposium. I really have no interest in anything but turtles and tortoises.