I fell on my tortoise slightly

Mosin

Location (City and/or State)
Us
My tortoise was on the floor and I was on my bed when I fell and accidentally using my nee hit him in the back lower array he skid across the floor a bit he seems though to be fine. You think he is good

F9ACF637-CC11-4AC2-8B33-7A8194C2B658.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
There is no way for us to know what damage was done, or not done. They are pretty tough animals and can take some knocking around, but on the other hand, I've seen far too many tortoise X-rays with broken bones. Is he limping? An X-ray is the only way to really know. If he's acting fine and to limping, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Your tortoise should never be loose on the floor, or loose outside. Its a recipe for disaster. Sickness, injury, impaction and death are the usual eventual outcome of this practice. You've just seen it first hand.

Mosin

Us
There is no way for us to know what damage was done, or not done. They are pretty tough animals and can take some knocking around, but on the other hand, I've seen far too many tortoise X-rays with broken bones. Is he limping? An X-ray is the only way to really know. If he's acting fine and to limping, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Your tortoise should never be loose on the floor, or loose outside. Its a recipe for disaster. Sickness, injury, impaction and death are the usual eventual outcome of this practice. You've just seen it first hand.
Ok thank you he seems fine he is walking around and eating fine

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Ok thank you he seems fine he is walking around and eating fine
But...you could have really hurt him or killed him...for his own good he needs to stay in a habitat built with his needs in mind. He looks like a small Russian...please for his sake...keep him in his habitat... :)

Mosin

Us
But...you could have really hurt him or killed him...for his own good he needs to stay in a habitat built with his needs in mind. He looks like a small Russian...please for his sake...keep him in his habitat... :)
I will thank you

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I will thank you
Please don't feel us strangers are jumping on you...just because it looks that way...lol..some of us are very experienced and have gone thru what you just described to us....so please think about what we've said and how we meant it...and stay here and let us get to know you and that tortoise...

Mosin

Us
Please don't feel us strangers are jumping on you...just because it looks that way...lol..some of us are very experienced and have gone thru what you just described to us....so please think about what we've said and how we meant it...and stay here and let us get to know you and that tortoise...
[/QUOTE
No worries

Mosin

Us
Do you think he’s OK though he’s been moving fine and he doesn’t seem to be hurt by it at all

Mosin

Us
Ok thank u I love my lil dude I just worry bout him a lot