I am so worried!!! UGH what a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
In a way, yes. However, I am 5 hours one way from the nearest show. I have never had the luxury to go, because I am so far away and get a grand total of 6 days a month off from work (usually less, I have a coworker that is constantly calling in for the stupidest things, like having to watch her grandson while her daughter takes her granddaughter to the doctor. Um, HELLO, when I was a single mom, I took BOTH kids. It is kind of what single mom's do. But I digress.)

This is only the third time that I have bought chelonia and had them shipped. The first two times went smooth as silk, shipping wise. (The fact that the first buyer sent me a sick tortoise is another story, BUT, I would not have BOUGHT that tortoise had I seen it in person!)

I have bought and sold thousands of fish through the internet, and it is always nerve racking. I have a baby axolotl going out today. I will be on pins and needles until I hear that he has arrived safe.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
If you paid for shipping costs contact the vendor to get your money back as UPS will be reimbursing them.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
kyryah said:
I actually chased the UPS truck down the street, yelling, lol. He pulled up, I thought I heard something, a voice, but he never knocked. I looked out the window and saw the truck, by the time I got to the door, he was pulling away!! I knew those babies could not survive another day in the box, so I took off after him screaming, barefoot, lol. My neighbors probably think I lost it. He was looking at me like I was nuts, so I explained there were live turtles in the package that had already been delayed a day.

Pics coming soon :)

Wait so, did he actually just drop off the turtles and not knock, and you not knowing if they arrived chased him down?

Or did you have to chase him down to get the boxes out of his truck as he was already pulling away, without delivering them?

Either way glad they got to you safe!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
I had the shipper call the company, she said it was somebody affiliated with UPS (UPS confirmed that on the phone this morning) and they said they don't give refunds. Whether she is telling the truth or not I don't know. I did however get two free turtles from this girl BEFORE the delay in shipping, so I have a feeling she is being straight with me.

He put the turtles back on the truck and was driving away with them. It would have been TOMORROW before they would have tried again to deliver.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Seiryu said:
kyryah said:
I actually chased the UPS truck down the street, yelling, lol. He pulled up, I thought I heard something, a voice, but he never knocked. I looked out the window and saw the truck, by the time I got to the door, he was pulling away!! I knew those babies could not survive another day in the box, so I took off after him screaming, barefoot, lol. My neighbors probably think I lost it. He was looking at me like I was nuts, so I explained there were live turtles in the package that had already been delayed a day.

Pics coming soon :)

Wait so, did he actually just drop off the turtles and not knock, and you not knowing if they arrived chased him down?

Or did you have to chase him down to get the boxes out of his truck as he was already pulling away, without delivering them?

Either way glad they got to you safe!

I was wondering that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.