Hypo Alligator Snapping Turtle

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hey everyone, here are some pics of my hypo AST. Simply stunning and a voracious eater. He's about 6in excluding his head/tail. Will be setting up his outdoor pond towards the end of this month and moving him out.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412775592.890770.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412775608.844754.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412775621.251986.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412775641.546517.jpg

I will post the video of his unboxing below.

JWiediyanto

I didn't know that there is a hypo alligator, I know that there is hypo CST but not AST. Amazing, how much did you past for this turtle?

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
I didn't know that there is a hypo alligator, I know that there is hypo CST but not AST. Amazing, how much did you past for this turtle?
You don't see them often, and the CST's are more widely common, so that could explain it. I purchased this hypo AST from an individual on Fauna, but his lineage comes from John Richards over at Loggerhead (I've seen him selling hatchlings in the past but not recently). This one cost me $650 plus shipping.

Last edited:

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
That is AWESOME!!! I've never been into turtles but that's one I would own.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
That is AWESOME!!! I've never been into turtles but that's one I would own.
AST's have always been the turtles I'm most interested in. I'm more into tortoises, but these snappers captivate my mind like no other!

TeguBuzz

5 Year Member
Texas
LOL! When did people here learn Arabic :) :p I would love one, except I'm not prepared... I would love one in the future :D
Haha, I know a little bit - I'm from Greece (Crete), but my girlfriend is Lebanese!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Haha, I know a little bit - I'm from Greece (Crete), but my girlfriend is Lebanese!
Lebanon has great food :D It's a beautiful country. I've never been to Greece, so I can't say anything about Greece, but it's nice to know someone from Crete!

Magilla504

What are awesome turtle ! You are a brave guy though. I need my fingers way to much to try that breed:)