Hydroponics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
So today I visited a Hydroponics store in Cerritos. For those who are not familiar with Hydroponics; it’s a method of growing plants indoor in a controlled environment. You know...people who grow "HERBS" for "Medicinal Purposes"..hahaha..It’s next to Ammo Bros, so I decided to walk in. Anyways, they're setup is similar to reptile enclosures. They have UVB/UVA bulbs?? Much stronger though; they have systems that automatically spay the plants. Would this method work for tortoises???

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
what i did for my plants to grow was i bought a 25$ mini greenhouse at walmart, and some walmart grow lights that cost me 10$ for them and my plants grew rapidly without having to go to a hydroponics store. cheaper is sometimes better!

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Here you go w/ some photos

02261314059501.jpg

02261314579501.jpg

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I bought a mini green house too, and have it infront of the porch window. Get's direct sunlight all day and seems to be working fine.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country
Probably not, I know that the metal halide and high pressure sodium both put out uv, but I don't believe that they're specifically made in the ranges we need. They're usually rated in "color"in the kelvin scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.