Good Home for Sulcata, leopards

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomND81

5 Year Member
We live in Omaha, Nebraska and have a sulcata and two leopard tortoises that we want to find a good home for. We’ve had them for 18 years and my wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and our kids aren’t in a position to take them. It’s very important to us that they have a good home, with someone who understands the care they need, proper nutrition, etc. – as well as an understanding of how big an African spurred can get (we’ve had our’s since he was a hatchling). We have a large outdoor enclosure for them in the warm months and an area in our basement during the winter months – we would hope to find someone with a similar setup, or at least willing to make the appropriate commitment for their care.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
So sorry you have to let them go. Theres a bunch of us here that have many animals in similar situations, and keep them as if they were are own family. Someone perfect ^ jacqui is up very close to you. Hope they find great homes. We always have room here in texas if nobody locally can provide.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi TomND81:

Let me just get this straight: You're giving the tortoises away free, right? Because new members aren't allowed to sell turtles and tortoises on the Forum until you've either made 30 posts or have been a member for 30 days.

tomND81

5 Year Member
Yes, mostly concerned with finding a good home for them - preferably with someone who is experienced and can give them the environment and care they deserve.

emysemys said:
Hi TomND81:

Let me just get this straight: You're giving the tortoises away free, right? Because new members aren't allowed to sell turtles and tortoises on the Forum until you've either made 30 posts or have been a member for 30 days.

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
tomND81 said:
We live in Omaha, Nebraska and have a sulcata and two leopard tortoises that we want to find a good home for. We’ve had them for 18 years and my wife and I are in the process of downsizing, and our kids aren’t in a position to take them. It’s very important to us that they have a good home, with someone who understands the care they need, proper nutrition, etc. – as well as an understanding of how big an African spurred can get (we’ve had our’s since he was a hatchling). We have a large outdoor enclosure for them in the warm months and an area in our basement during the winter months – we would hope to find someone with a similar setup, or at least willing to make the appropriate commitment for their care.

I would love to have the Sulcata, if you would ship to Missouri We have 3 acres and have a Russian tort we love so much! I would of course pay shipping. Please let me know!

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Could I get the leopards ?I have about 1/3 or 1/2 of an acre whit lots of grasses and currently growing garden with kale and other greens :)

Could you show pictures?

tomND81

5 Year Member
Looks like we found a good home for all three here in Nebraska (thanks Jacqui!). I appreciate all the interest and well wishes. Great community in this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.