Hurricane season

lighthiker2

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1504522594.528068.jpg seeing this, I think I am going to put an extra large shipping crate, straw, and Sullivan's "cozy" in the workroom. there is no flood danger at this location but my gut says in the event of a Cat 2-5 my boy needs to be inside even though he is already 60# (4.5 yrs). I wouldn't want to be out in it and my other pets will have their crate beds to snuggle into-- why shouldn't Sullivan?

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
I'm reviewing my hurricane plan as I watch the news about Irma. Living in south Florida has allowed me to collect quite a few birds, turtles and tortoises. Most of the birds live outdoors in large flight cages or aviaries that cannot fit inside. I have smaller emergency cages but it will be a tight squeeze if they all have to fit in the garage. The turtles and tortoises are easier to move indoors. Scary stuff.
(Sorry, kind of off topic)

Redfool

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
I use these big rubber oval horse troughs my hurricane/cold winter night pens. Two to a trough and they are stackable. When covered with a sheet my redfoots after being well fed can "hibernate calmly" for a day or two.