Humidity

Travis

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin, USA
Hello! I will be receiving my Red Foot Hatchling tomorrow morning. But I have my enclosure already ready. One thing that I cant seem to get to stay at one temp is the humidity. I will give it a good spray down, the humidity goes up, but then it quickly gets dry again. I can't seem to keep it steady.

How do you keep it up?

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here is the way Grasshoppa: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-32333.html

Also, I don't know if you are planning on keeping them together, but pairs are usually a bad idea. Groups usually do okay, but pairs sometimes just don't get along. We recently had a thread where a girl watched her one red foot eat the back foot off of her other red foot over a period of about 6 weeks. The safe bet will be to house them separately.

Travis

Wisconsin, USA
Tom said:
Here is the way Grasshoppa: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-32333.html

Also, I don't know if you are planning on keeping them together, but pairs are usually a bad idea. Groups usually do okay, but pairs sometimes just don't get along. We recently had a thread where a girl watched her one red foot eat the back foot off of her other red foot over a period of about 6 weeks. The safe bet will be to house them separately.

This is going to be my first tortoise. But, I am well aware that housing tortoises in the same enclosure is not a good idea. Thanks though! :tort:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sorry Travis. My brain added a second tortoise to your post somehow. My bad. :)

Travis

Wisconsin, USA
I am looking around my house for some type of closure for it to put on top of it to help control the humidity on the tank. I will be posting another thread soon with pictures on it.