Humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Hello all :)

The humidity in Hermy's house is always around 60 - 70 degrees, I Read that the humidity for an Hermann should be around 30-50 degrees. I bought a convection Heater for the room he is in (That way we wont have to blast the heater in the house during the winter) I thought that it would make the humidity go down but it does not. I know I could put a dehumidifier in his room but is there any other way to lower the humidity?

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
Isa said:
Hello all :)

The humidity in Hermy's house is always around 60 - 70 degrees, I Read that the humidity for an Hermann should be around 30-50 degrees. I bought a convection Heater for the room he is in (That way we wont have to blast the heater in the house during the winter) I thought that it would make the humidity go down but it does not. I know I could put a dehumidifier in his room but is there any other way to lower the humidity?

hi my hermans hatchlings are housed in my celler room along with my other hatchlings and leopards the humidity is between 60 and 70% overall on check the humidity 12" to the side of their basking centre it was 35% so the range across the table is very different they seem happy like this and use the whole table .
terry

Ozric

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello Isa, people say different things about humidity. Some people insist that hatchlings and juveniles should have 70% humidity while others say less is fine. As long as its not damp and cold and not totally dry the whole time I think you'll do OK. It can be good if one area is more humid than another then your tort may pick the best spot for himself.

agiletorts

10 Year Member!
San Jose, CA
I agree with Ozric, as long as it's not damp AND cold it should be ok and tortoise generally has a good instinct to choose the best spot for them.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Thanks Terry, Ozric & Agiletorts

I will add one more hydrometer to see if the humidity is the same in all the enclosure :). Now there is only one in the middle.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yesterday I added one more hydrometer, Thank god I did not buy an humidifier because there is 40% of humidity in his hot side so everything is all good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.