Humidity when outside

Aaron23

5 Year Member
Right now i have a 1 year old sulcata that i obviously have indoors in a high humid area for him/her. I'm just wondering when he gets big enough to be outside,how do i keep the humidity levels high in his enclosure? I live in utah so it gets dry here.
Thanks

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
You can't really. All you can do is provide lots of water to soak in, a pond or a mud puddle. During the summer, you could use misters. Charlie gets some moisture from walking on a dewy or freshly watered lawn.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
I hose the pen down, especially on hot days.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Right now i have a 1 year old sulcata that i obviously have indoors in a high humid area for him/her. I'm just wondering when he gets big enough to be outside,how do i keep the humidity levels high in his enclosure? I live in utah so it gets dry here.
Thanks

It is very dry in my climate too. I use tubs or buckets of water in my heated night boxes to give them some humidity. All of the above advice from other posters is good too.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
My sulcata spends more than half of every day in a heated night box. With just a few trays of water in there the humidity stays above 50%. The night box is only 50 cubic feet, so that isn't much volume. On warm days, 80°F and sunny, my sulcata spends most of his time in the shade of the bushes that grow around his enclosure. I think the humidity stays a little higher under the vegetation. We don't get many days where the temp gets above 95°, so he has never dug a burrow. If the humidity drops down to 15-30%, like it does here, I wet down his hiding spots.