Russians and Outdoor Humidity

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have my adult male Russian outside to wander around his tortoise garden, but the humidity is high today. The high today is 85°F (29°C), the humidity is currently at 65%, the dew point is at 72°F (22°C), and the heat index is 90°F (32°C). How long should he be outside for at the maximum? (We have the AC on inside.) I don't want him to get too stressed out! Thanks! :tort:

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
That's not that high at all. And yes, he'll be fine.
Awesome, thanks so much! I was worried since he's a desert animal that higher humidity levels might make him uncomfortable. I'm glad he's fine; it's too muggy outside for me though! ;)

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
He's more of a "steppe" animal than a desert, and is pretty darn adaptable to different weather situations.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Many of them live outdoors full time in South FL. Your 65% won't be any problem at all, especially with the warm temps.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Thanks for the responses! You guys rock! :)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
He'll be just fine! Torts love the warm air and hot sun... so he is probably rocking out in his yard right now! :D

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Just make sure you have plenty of shady areas and a water dish and he'll be fine.

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Just make sure you have plenty of shady areas and a water dish and he'll be fine.
Yup, he has a big terra cotta water dish and just about all of the plants are quite taller than him now. :D