Humidity and night drops

Sticky Feets

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fresno, CA
Does anyone have info on the humidity and temperatures for day vs night in various African countries where leopards are found? Been discussing that article about nocturnal heat on a Facebook group and it got me thinking...

I know that damp and cold can cause RIs and that’s why we keep the temps up in closed chambers. But what if we took them out of the chambers at night and placed them in an open air setup at room temp where both humidity and temps would drop to mimic the natural temp fluctuations in Africa. But I’m asking about the humidity in Africa cuz I don’t actually know how that changes throughout the day. I live in Florida and know that it does tend to be less humid at night. But I would think that if a tortoise is inside a burrow at night, it might still be damp and warm.

I do know that the aforementioned study has several weaknesses which still make me skeptical enough to not stop using a closed chamber. But thinking about nocturnal heat got me thinking about nocturnal humidity as well. This study only compared heat vs no heat...didn’t compare humidity at all since there was no significant difference.