Humid hide help??

Sarah p

Hi I have a tortoise table of horse fields and a tortoise table of hermans
I have recently heard about humid hides do they need one to help stop pyramiding? I was just looking for some ideas what other people have used? Do I need moss inside it?
Can I use a plastic tubber ware with a door cut out? Do I need a heat source in or over it? Any help I'm a complete beginner to this ? They have normal dry hides and very deep soil which they all dig down in at night and I spray the souls daily? Is this right?
Any help ideas etc appreciated they are all round and want to do my best for them from the start x sarah

Sarah p

Thankyou very much I have so many questions I hope i can see having all you experts on here great help

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi Sarah this is a great place for advice of all things tortoise related. I 'm sure someone will be along to answer your questions soon but meanwhile I would start by reading the care sheets for both sorts of torts you have, and have a look at the Enclosure section for ideas. You can also do a search for humid hides which will list all posts about them to get you started, but ask as many questions as you need.

Pictures of your torts and tables will help members give you the best advice. Welcome to you and your torts.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hi, Sara, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
We really need a bit more information to be able to help.
How many torts do you have?, What size are the enclosures? Are the torts, babies, young or fully grown?
They need soaks daily, if young or a couple of times a week if older.
Yes, they need humidity to stop pyramiding especially if young and it is very difficult to keep humidity in an open topped tortoise table.
Moss is one option, but it would be good to see your enclosures and tortoises if you are able to post photos.