• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

how to mount a uvb light

avocado_fresh111

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
I'm getting a Russian next week, and I bought a 22 inch zoo med reptisun uvb light. The only problem is, we can't find a fixture for it. They all either already have lights or the wrong size. Where can I find one?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
Ga
I'm getting a Russian next week, and I bought a 22 inch zoo med reptisun uvb light. The only problem is, we can't find a fixture for it. They all either already have lights or the wrong size. Where can I find one?
Most of the fixtures will probably already have lights in them when you buy them. Just toss them out and replace it with your uvb bulb.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You could check with a hydroponics place for an empty HO fixture or try lightyourreptiles.com.

Probably cheaper and easier to do what Todd suggested, and get one at Home Depot and remove the bulb it came with. Just make sure it is a fixture for a T5 HO type bulb. The tube won't fit if you get the wrong type.

turtlebean

Connecticut
Hey there,

I also have a 22 inch reptisun bulb and I mounted it inside their reptisun 24 inch hood fixture. I found both on amazon and they fit perfectly together.

As for mounting the hood fixture, it doesn’t come with mounts or anything helpful like that. So I went to home depot and got some hanging tabs and found a small chain and a couple key rings and fabbed something up.

Hope that helps!
-Julia R