HELP WITH UVB LIGHTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeignLuxuries

5 Year Member
Here's the setup, the fluorescent hits him and some of the grown...I take him out for a couple of hours daily its nice and sunny. I'm feeding it mazuri and collard greens and radish with some calcium mixed in.

Attachments

• image-2693254531.png
    image-2693254531.png
    839.3 KB · Views: 63

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I cant really tell completely with that picture, but that looks like a coil/compact bulb, which we have all already have stated many times are not safe. If you have a Powersun in addition to the coil, you can ditch the coil bulb, but I am not sure you are positive the bulb you have is a powersun.

ForeignLuxuries

5 Year Member
Quick question, my sulcatas appetite is not as much as before. I set up his food, collard greens, turnips, mazuri mixed and he's very picky about it. I'll bring him by his plate, he'll start eating for about two minutes then he's back to his little burrow or home which ever u wanna call it. It's been getting to me these couple of days when I come home to find him sleeping and his food still there but just messed with a little. It's not that he doesn't eat at all but he's so lazy,

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Foreignlux-- that looks like a MVB on the right and a Compact on the left? if so the The mvb is fine but the compact buld is mounted wrong, it needs to be horizontal. and you need your likes on for 13-14 hours a day and off the rest. but make sure you have some kind of nighttime heat.

Have you seen he go to the bathroom latley? I think you need to offer a better variety of greens to him, I would try endive, escarole, raddichio, butter lettuce/bibb lettuce, dadilion greens, aloe, cactus, kale, bok choy, green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spring mix, also when you give him mazuri i would soak it then mix it with chopped up hay about 1 inch peices and make it in to a pile for him to eat. This is a good way to work hay into his diet and the long stim fiber is good for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.